Monday, August 1, 2016

August Goals

Hey guys! I think I'm going to start August off differently than I usually do. Normally, I would start off with sharing my monthly beauty favorites, but this month, I'd like to share some of my goals that I have. I'm a big fan of the blogger Neely, over at It starts With Coffee, and at the beginning of every month, she states the goals she wants to accomplish, as well as going over the previous month's goals and if she made them. I think that's such a great thing to do, and it'll at least keep me accountable when I share if I made mine or not. So here is what I want to do this month and why:

- Straighten up the bedroom. My husband and I live in a one bedroom condo, and I'm nearly 20 weeks pregnant. We can't afford to move just yet, so we need to make room for baby things and of course the baby has to sleep somewhere. The bedroom needs a good straightening up, so if I can make progress this month, but not finish completely, I'll be proud of myself. 

- Read 1 book. Yes, just one. I used to LOVE reading! It's all I wanted to do as a kid, but as I got older, I stopped. I miss it and there are some good books lately I want to read, but with blogging, YouTube and pregnancy taking over my life, I'll start with 1 and see what happens. 

- Show my husband I appreciate him more. I'm lucky enough to be able to stay home while he goes to work, but it isn't always easy. While I consider blogging my job, it doesn't bring in a whole lot of income (yet). I make enough to maybe pay my cell phone one month, while other months I make nothing at all. Sometimes I get frustrated with life and can take it out on my husband, who works so hard to provide for us. Seriously, the man works 50+ hours in the medical field every week, and it can take a toll on him. I need to take a step back at times and just appreciate all he does for me and our growing family. I love him to death and truly don't know what my life would be like without him. 

- Pick out a baby name. I know this might be a weird goal to have, but this coming Thursday, August 4th is our anatomy scan, and we still don't know if we're having a boy or girl. Once we find out, I would like to crack down and pick a name. It might change, who knows? I know my name was going to be Jessica, and it was switched to Katy right after I came into the world. I'm just a planner and would like to have a name picked out for now. 

- Use up at least 10 beauty products. I had to include something beauty related, since that's mostly what my blog is about! I've been slacking with wearing makeup, and even taking care of my skin. Even though I'm just over 19 weeks pregnant, I'm seriously so exhausted still and occasionally deal with nausea. I was hoping to feel like an Energizer Bunny, but I'm more like a sloth at the moment. Regardless, I want to start feeling pretty again, despite feeling like a fat, bloated whale, so I want to make it a point to do my makeup more and take better care of my skin. 

- Donate clothing/household items to Purple Heart. My family has always donated things to Purple Heart, and once I moved into my own place with my husband, I've continued doing that at least twice a year. I go through clothes that I no longer like or don't fit anymore, get rid of movies, kitchenware, blankets, you name it, and give it to a good cause. I do have some clothing that I can potentially sell, so going through my closet and bins of clothing is a big priority this month. 

I think that's everything I want to try and accomplish in August! For me, I need to do baby steps and take it a little at a time. I don't have the patience, nor the energy to do a full blown cleaning in this house at the moment. Plus, I want to be as stress-free as possible. 

Do you have any goals you want to accomplish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)