Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Why a Fake Pregnancy Announcement on April Fool's Is Not Ok

That one day that I cannot stand is come up, and much faster than I thought. In just two days, it will be April 1st. People play jokes on others for fun that day, then there are some that take it to an extreme. 

April 1st is when alot of people do fake pregnancy announcements. Usually they don't bother me too much, but this year it does. In July of 2015, I suffered a missed miscarriage. I ended up needing a D&C in August and it was one of the worst times of my and my husband's life. 

The fact that so many people still do these fake pregnancy announcements on April Fool's is childish and an insult to all the women out there who have suffered through miscarriage, the loss of a child, or are battling infertility. Seeing that "we're pregnant!" announcement, I always feel a twinge of jealousy because that should've been me. Then come to find out that it was all a joke makes me feel relieved, but also very upset. Why do people say that when so many women are struggling to have a family? I'm sure they mean well, but they need to use their brain and realize what their actions are doing to us. 

Call me sensitive or say that I'm being unreasonable, I don't care. All I know is I wish with all my heart that my child was here, and everyday I think about what it would be like had our son made it to the world. Seeing those fake announcements will make me feel jealous and sad, and I'm not afraid to admit that. To those of you reading this and are thinking about doing a fake pregnancy announcement, I urge you not to. Countless women are struggling to have a child while you're poking fun at something that should not be taken lightly. 

Be kind, and have a heart. 

Photo credit: Kit4na via Foter.com / CC BY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)