Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Makeup Declutter: Eyeliner

Hi everyone! If you remember, towards the end of January I did a declutter of my lip products. I cleared out nearly half of my collection, which made me feel pretty darn proud. I thought about what I wanted to declutter next, and after realizing that I hardly ever wear eyeliner, yet have a ton of different ones, that would be my next mission. 

This is my whole collection of eyeliners. There are pencil liners, cream liners, liquid liners and powder liners. In this pile, there are a whopping 54 different liners! Now, like I said above, I very rarely wear eyeliner, so most of these are just sitting around. I currently am using 4 different liners that are in my everyday makeup drawers, and they are not included in this total. It wasn't very hard going through these because most of them are so old, I've had them for longer than I've known my husband. We'll be together 6 years this June, if that tells you anything. After deciding what to get rid of, the next picture shows what I'm keeping and throwing out. 

The pile on the left is what I'm throwing away, and the right is what I'm keeping. I've said many times before that 2016 is the year of decluttering and using up what I have. I'm going to try and make it a priority and use eyeliner more, as much as I don't like wearing it. The grand total of everything I got rid of is 21. That's not terrible, if you ask me. I finally am getting rid of the mini Urban Decay 24/7 liner pencils that I've had for years and years, as well as all of the cream liners I had and the E.L.F liquid liners. The E.L.F. liners are just awful so those were the first ones picked to get rid of. 

I'm not sure how I'm going to go through all this eyeliner, and I'll probably end up doing another declutter at some point in the future. I said in my previous declutter how good it feels getting rid of so much stuff. As silly as it may sound, I'm proud of myself for being able to throw out products that I don't like, and are just bad from being so old. I've even been able to sell some of my makeupto help make a little extra money as well, but don't worry, everything in my blog sale is still good and sanitized! If you want to check out my blog sale, you can do so here. I still have a bunch of stuff I'd like to see have a good home :) 

What have you decluttered lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)