Saturday, February 27, 2016

Review: Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lolita



*Links below contain affiliate markers*
Kat Von D has killed it in the makeup world lately, and almost every product I've tried, I've really liked. Her liquid lipsticks are cult favorites, but I haven't heard a whole lot about her Studded Kiss Lipstick. I purchased a Studded Kiss Lipstick in the infamous shade Lolita, and I have to say, I really, really like it!

Here is an overview of Kat Von D lipsticks from Sephora:

What it is:
An innovative lipstick that coats lips with bold color, long-lasting wear, and luxe comfort.

What it does:
Drench your lips with bold color and unstoppable femininity. Designed to look as rock ‘n roll as its wearer, this revolutionary, hybrid lipstick is formulated with Color Cushion Technology™, which combines lasting-wear, one-swipe payoff, and velvet-touch comfort. This color-true lipstick leaves lips supple, and its wide color spectrum offers stunning shades, including red for every skintone, statement-making colors, and classic, everyday neutrals. 


What else you need to know:
Kat Von D’s Studded Kiss Lipstick is infused with vitamins A, C, and E, an antioxidant complex that leaves lips feeling soft, and the Crème Brûlée scent provides a subtle, sweet experience when you apply it. Designed by Kat to resemble one of her favorite bracelets, the black, monochromatic casing is uniquely studded and topped with her KVD monogram on the outer crown and bullet. 




I absolutely adore the packaging of the Studded Kiss Lipsticks. For some reason, it makes me feel like a total bad-ass when applying this color. Don't ask me why, I'm just weird. Seriously, I expect nothing less than a rock n' roll feel from Kat Von D and it always translates into her makeup.  

The color I picked up called Lolita, is a super popular shade, especially in her liquid lipstick line. I don't own that one, so I can't compare that to this lipstick. Lolita is described as a matte dusty rose shade, and I completely agree. I feel like this shade makes my lips look like they have more color to them when I think they're looking a little more pale than usual. The matte formula is a tad bit drying, but when applied over top of a lip balm, all is good in the world. I have yet to try a gloss on top of this, only because I really love the color by itself. I don't think I've ever owned a lipstick that I feel I can wear on its own and be completely happy with it, and with this one, I'm always happy. 

I love the look of the packaging, the feel of it going on the lips, and the scent is heavenly. The lasting power isn't bad. If I'm not eating or drinking anything, I get about 3 or so hours of wear before I notice any fading. It does transfer unlike her liquid lipsticks (or any liquid lipstick for that matter), but I didn't expect it to stay put all day. 

Overall, this is a fantastic lipstick, and I definitely want to try more from the line. The Studded Kiss Lipsticks retail for $21 at Sephora, and I think they're worth every penny. 

Have you tried these lipsticks before? What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)