Saturday, December 12, 2015

Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Eyeshadow Palette

Hello everyone! I have so many reviews that I need to catch up on, and today I'll finally be sharing my thoughts on the Anastasia Self-Made Palette. I purchased this a couple months ago, and I was excited to get my hands on it. It's gorgeous!

Here is some info on the palette from the Ulta site:

This limited edition, fashion-forward eye shadow kit is the ultimate makeup artist's palette. Fourteen shades - ranging from a neutral taupe to obsidian black - deliver intense color, so you can create an endless array of custom looks.

The packaging is your standard cardboard with a textured fabric piece that encases it. On the palette I picked up, the little piece that says the name is crooked which makes my OCD go insane, but I'm just weird. It might not bother most people. 

You get a nice sized mirror on the inside and, like the description says, 14 different shades that are really gorgeous. I'm not a fan of brushes that come in palettes, but this one is decent enough. 


Shade names and their description:


- Pink Champagne (rose gold with a titanium finish)
- Metallic Plum (dark plum with a metallic finish)
- Self-Made (deep bronze with a satin finish)
- Witchy (khaki gray with a sparkle finish)
- Blush (light beige with a duo chrome pink finish)
- Blossom (lilac pink with a metallic finish)
- Buttery (buildable beige with an ultra-matte finish)
- Deep Purple (amethyst purple with a titanium finish)
- Treasure (ultra-light Champagne with a metallic finish)
- Hot & Cold (rum brown with a metallic finish)
- Sherbert (ultra-light peach with a velvet finish)
- Isla (sea foam green with a duo chrome gold finish)
- Spirit Rock (galaxy black with a sparkle finish)
- Hot Chocolate (rich, cocoa brown with an ultra-matte finish)

As you can tell, there is a good shade range along with different finishes for many different looks. I apologize that some shades don't show up well due to my super pale skin, but I only really had a little trouble swatching the shades Blush, Treasure, and Isla. They all swatched a little patchy but blended out nicely. I'm obsessed with the shade Pink Champagne, and if there is a single of that shade available, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It looks so metallic and foiled on the lids, and it's really pigmented. The only shade I can use as a transition is Sherbert, even though it's a little warm for my liking, but Hot Chocolate can be used to deepen things up a bit. Since I am pretty pale, I have to be careful with the darker shades in this palette. My only real concern is the lasting power of these. I always prime my eyes and set that with a translucent powder before going in with eyeshadow, because I've noticed that helps tremendously with creasing on my oily lids. Within about 4 hours, I notice that these shadows crease on me slightly. That's a bummer too because I also have the Tamanna Palette and don't have that issue with it. Besides the slight creasing, this palette is so versatile and beautiful! 

It also only costs $35, which is a steal if you ask me. When I purchased this, I had a 20% off coupon for Ulta that was good on high-end brands, so I got a pretty amazing deal on this! It is still available on the Ulta site if you're interested in buying it!

What do you think of this palette?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)