Sunday, November 1, 2015

October 2015 Favorites

Hey guys, and Happy November! I'm so glad that October is over because I had a pretty rough month. If you read this post here, you know I was in the hospital and it's been quite the journey feeling normal again. Since I'm still trying to feel somewhat like a normal person, I don't have many favorites this month. I was lucky if I could manage putting on some mascara and lip gloss occasionally. I do have a few things to share with you, so lets get to it!

Since I didn't really care much about doing my makeup in October, I focused mainly on taking care of my skin. I started using the Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer when I ran out of the other one I was using, and holy cow do I love this! First off, it smells like a lovely field of oranges. I'm a huge fan of citrus scented products, but I can also safely say that this is quickly becoming one of my favorite moisturizers. I'm thinking it deserves its own review shortly. 

The next product has changed my skin in more ways that I can count. Shiseido very kindly sent me this product to try (which will also get a review soon!), and it's their Ibuki Multi Solution Gel that is said to help with roughness and visible pores, and it's got a Salicylic Acid treatment. Every night I use this, I wake up with skin that looks literally perfect. Seriously. My pores look like they shrunk to almost nothing, and my entire face looks clear and smooth. It's honestly a miracle. 

When I did feel like putting something other than lip balm on my lips, I had two go-to's. the first one was a NYX Butter Gloss in the shade Peaches and Cream. Even though I don't normally go for peachy shades, this one has just a little bit of pink to make it wearable for me, and it helped me to look more alive when I felt like I was dying. The second lippie is from theBalm, and it's their Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick in the shade Commited. I received this in October's Ipsy bag, and I surprisingly really like it! It's not a shade that I would pick out for myself, but I'm truly surprised at how flattering it looks, especially with my pale skin. It's got a mauve-y tone to it that's a bit rosy, which I feel makes it more wearable. It does sort of dry out my lips, but as long as I prep them well, I don't mind it!

Those are my few favorites for the month! Here's to hoping November is a good month where I feel better and healthier everyday! Also, what were some of your favorites from October? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)