Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Review: Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in La La

Hi guys! Today I'm going to be reviewing one of Colourpop's Super Shock Shadows in the shade called La La. This is the first shadow of theirs I've tried, and I must say, I'm impressed so far!

Colourpop's Super Shock Shadow in La La is described as a true rose gold in an ultra metallic finish. I personally see more gold than a rose gold, but it's still gorgeous nonetheless. The formula is so interesting and kinda hard to describe. It feels like a cream and a powder at the same time. You really have to feel it to see for yourself. 


The pigmentation is insane! seriously, this is just one swipe of product. It applies to the eye nicely as well, but I recommend using your fingers for the best results. I did a Fall inspired makeup look using this shadow that I will be posting very soon and I'm very happy with how it came out. Wear time isn't bad either. I have oily lids, so I notice just a bit of creasing within about 5-6 hours, and that's with using a primer underneath. The little pot these shadows come in have to be sealed shit pretty tight, otherwise they will dry out. That's good to know because if you never open these (but lets be real, why wouldn't you?!), they last up to 3 years. Once opened, as long as you close the lid tightly, it lasts for up to a year.

What's amazing about these shadows, is that they are only $5 on the Colourpop website. Yes, just $5! I don't know how they can make the price so low for such incredible quality, but I'm tempted to buy all of the colors, even the crazy ones. 

I'm truly impressed by this shadow! I also did buy the collaboration quad they did with Kathleen Lights, but have yet to use it. I will have to dig into it soon since I'm so happy with this single shadow. 

Have you tried any Colourpop Shadows? If so, let me know what colors you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)