Friday, August 28, 2015

Review: Make Up For Ever Artist Palette Volume 1 - Nudes

Hi guys! Quite a while ago I purchased the Make Up For Ever Nude Artist Palette, but hadn't gotten the chance to really test it out until recently. I figured I'd let you know my thoughts since it is still available for purchase at Sephora. 

Here is a description of the palette from the Sephora site:

What it is:
A collectible, eye shadow palette with nine must-have Artist Shadow formulas in neutral tones.

What it does:
This palette features the coveted, easy-to-use Artist Shadow formula for endless eye looks—ranging from beautifully natural to highly artistic. With its advanced gel-powder formula blended with ultra-fine pigments, each nude shade leaves a smooth, even finish that leaves lids ultra-saturated with highly blendable, lasting color. The shades are organized in trios so you can effortlessly create chic, natural, and smoky looks. This palette includes an illustrated, step-by-step application techniques by MAKE UP FOR EVER’s founder and creative director, Dany Sanz, to help you sweep on a number of eye-catching looks. 


The palette itself is made of very sturdy cardboard, that is a bit on the heavy side. The design of the palette is very user friendly, has a nice magnetic closure, and a generously sized mirror. The eyeshadows are the exact size of a quarter at 0.06 ounces, and you get 9 neutral colors. 


I'm a neutral girl at heart, so this palette spoke to me. However, I don't really feel that they're anything spectacular color-wise, but they are nice if you're strictly into neutrals. The color numbers are on the back of the palette, but on the Sephora site, you can see the shade names which you will see in swatches below!


I went from left to right from the palette with these swatches, and they are:

- I-528 Pearl
- I-514 Pink Ivory
- ME-512 Golden Beige

- S-556 Taupe Gray
- D-562 Taupe Platinum
- ME-644 Iced Brown

- S-102 Onyx
- I-544 Pink Granite
- D-652 Celestial Earth

The letters correspond to the finish of the shadows. I is iridescent, ME is metallic, S is satin, D is diamond, and M is matte, but there are no matte shades in this palette. The shades Taupe Gray and Onyx don't look like they have a sheen on the eye though, so for me they perform like a matte. If I'm not mistaken, you can find these shades in single pans as well if you only like certain colors. However, those singles are 0.07 ounces, which is insanely close to what these are, and they cost $21 unless you put together a little duo or trio, then the price goes down slightly. This palette costs $42 but has a value of $136. That to me, is really amazing considering you're getting only slightly less product here compared to the single form. 

I really, really like this palette alot! The shades are buttery soft, pigmented and beautiful on the eyes, they blend well, and they last a long time as long as I use a primer (I have oily lids, so keep that in mind). I do like the color selection, but some of them look very similar when swatched, so I wish there was a bit of a different variety. I'm just so impressed with this formula and I recommend getting a palette rather than the single pans because the price difference is insane to me. They have one other palette that has bright shades, which I'm tempted to get, but I know I won't pick it up as much as I would a neutral palette.

Have you tried any MUFE shadows? If so, what do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)