Saturday, August 29, 2015

Review: It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ in Fair

Hey everyone! I had purchased the It Cosmetics CC Cream a little while ago, and had wanted to do a review of it earlier, but alot of life stuff happened, so it got pushed back til now. I've given this a good try and I'm finally ready to share my thoughts!

Here is a bit about the product from the Ulta website:

What is it: IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ is your Full Coverage Color Correcting Cream, Anti-Aging Serum, plus Broad Spectrum Physical Only SPF 50+ all in one! Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+ is infused with cutting edge anti-aging technology and is clinically proven to improve skin texture, brightness and increase skin hydration by 79%. This highly pigmented multi-tasking beauty miracle truly covers everything, won't crease or crack in fine lines, and gives you a healthy your skin but better glow. Paraben-free and SPF 50+ UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum, Physical Only, Non-Chemical Sunscreen. The anti-aging hydrating formula is infused with peptides, niacin, algae, vitamins A, C, B, E, hyaluronic acid, and hydrolyzed collagen along with anti-oxidants and exotic natural botanicals for long-term brightening and color-correcting benefits.

The main thing that drew me to this CC cream, is that it contains physical sunscreen. Chemical sunscreens aren't the best for your skin, and at the time of me purchasing this, I was on a major hunt for a physical sunblock. I ended up finding one, but when I was browsing at Ulta, I started looking at this because of all the great reviews I'd heard. After looking at the ingredients, it immediately went in my shopping basket when I saw Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide as the sunscreen. 

I picked up mine in the shade Fair, which is the lightest shade. The unfortunate thing is it only comes in 5 shades, and even though this is the lightest one, it's still not a perfect match (pale girl problems). While I am pretty fair, I have a cool undertone, so I tend to have issues with the lightest foundation shades being a little too yellow for me. The scent of this is nice as well, and doesn't have that icky sunscreen smell. To me, this smells a bit like lavender, but I believe there is something to do with lavender on the ingredient list.

This is my scary, bare face with nothing on it but moisturizer. You can tell that I have dark circles and alot of redness, pretty much all over. Since I have very oily skin, I do also have quite large pores as well. I didn't get a close-up shot, because lets be honest, no one wants to see that!

This is after I applied two pumps of the CC cream with a dampened Beauty Blender, and nothing else on my face. My dark circles are really bad and hereditary, so they're always hard to cover up, but the redness I have is completely covered. That impresses me the most honestly. My skin is ALWAYS red, unless I'm sick, then I look even more pale. While I think the color match isn't terrible, I still feel it looks a bit yellow on my skin, but using the Beauty Blender really helps blend it in nicely. I have not tried applying it any other way, so I can't attest to a brush or fingers being better for application. 

My large pores are covered nicely as well, but as my day goes on, it does tend to settle in them, mainly on the sides of my nose. Otherwise, it lasts for a good 6-8 hours as long as I powder my face. The packaging says the CC cream provides full coverage, but I don't necessarily think it's totally full coverage. When I compare it to Kat Von D's foundation, this is definitely not as full as that is. I'd say this is a buildable medium coverage, but you can get light coverage with just one pump of product.

Overall, I'm pretty darn impressed with the It Cosmetics CC Cream! The size I purchased costs $38 and they do have a travel sized version for $15. I wish they had a bit of a better color selection, like a fair color that's cooler toned *cough,cough*. 

Have you tried the It Cosmetics CC Cream? what are your thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)