Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Drugstore Beauty HAUL! Walmart & Dollar Tree

Hey everyone! A few weeks ago after a doctor appointment, I was feeling a little blah, so my husband decided to take me out for lunch before we went about our errands for the day. We stopped at Walmart for some necessities, and the Dollar Tree was a few stores down from where we had lunch. Naturally, I looked at the beauty section in both places and came out with some goodies to share with you guys!

Starting off with Walmart, I decided to pick up the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation in the shade 091 Light Ivory. I hear so many people talking about this and how awesome it is for a drugstore foundation. I haven't worn makeup like I normally do lately, so I have yet to try it, but I have a feeling I'll like it. It was so inexpensive too, only about $5 or $6. 

I've been wanting to try the Maybelline Master Conceal Camoflaging Concealer since it came out. I bought mine in the shade 10 Fair, and I think it was the only one that hadn't been tampered with. I don't know what it is about Walmart, but their beauty section always looks a hot mess and tons of products have been broken into. Anyways, sorry for the little rant there. I've heard mixed thoughts on this concealer, and it wasn't too pricey, so I figured I'd give it a try. 

I had also been wanting to try the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in the color Blackest Black. The other reviews I've heard have been mostly positive, and Maybelline mascaras are probably my favorite in the drugstore. 

Maybelline had my heart this day, and I picked up one of their newer matte lipstick shades in the color Blushing Pout. This is such a pretty nude-y rose color that I think will look really nice with my fair skin and a simple eye look. I LOVE Maybelline's matte lipstick formula as it's not too drying like other ones can be. 

Now for the Dollar Tree! I love that store so freaking much, it's stupid. Anything I think I need, I immediately go there and see if I can find it. Most times, I can, and I feel so proud to have only spent $1. I picked up one of the English Lavender soaps from Yardley. I honestly don't know how much these are normally, but I don't think they're that expensive. I bought this mainly to clean my makeup brushes with, and I can't wait because this soap smells incredible. 

I never really get excited about L.A. Colors, but I saw a bunch of their Color Balms, and I picked the shade Boom, which looks like a bright red in the tube. I don't expect full-on color from this since it is a balm, but I think it might give a light wash and a bit of hydration. 

I got really excited seeing Jelly Belly lip balms, and picked up the scent Bubblegum. The packaging says this is flavored, and I have yet to try this, but I can't wait to test that claim. No, I'm not going to eat this, but when you're wearing a balm or gloss and accidentally get some in your mouth, it's not very pleasant. I feel like a little kid with this balm.  

Lastly, I purchased two brushes. one is the Wet n' Wild Eyeshadow Brush and the other is an ELF Smudge Brush. I haven't used either of these yet, but the ELF brush is already shedding on me, and I have yet to wash it. ELF brushes aren't usually my favorite, but for $1, I don't care too much. The Wet n' Wild brush feels really nice and there is no shedding yet. I'm hoping to like both once they're washed and used a few times. 

Is there anything you've hauled at the drugstore lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)