Tuesday, June 2, 2015

May 2015 Empties

Hey everyone! May was an awesome month with using up products. I think this was the most products I've ever used up in a whole month, which makes me pretty darn excited. Anyways, get a snack or a drink since this may be a long post. 

I tried putting the products together in categories, so first up is the skincare. I used up the Adeline Anti-Aging Moisturizer. I did a full review of this here, and since using it up completely, I'm a bit indifferent on it. I liked it, but wasn't wowed by it. It smelled really nice, kinda like peppermint, and it just seemed like a regular moisturizer.

Next up is the Boscia Charcoal Pore-Minimizing Hydrogel Mask. I also did a review of this here, and it just didn't work for me. I hear so many good reviews of these masks, So I'm not sure what the deal is. The only thing I liked is that it actually fit my face well, otherwise it's just a meh product.

I always say this, but it's never an empties post for me if I don't have The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner in it. Absolutely love this stuff and it will probably always be my favorite toner of all time. 

I had used the bareMinerals bareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper a long time ago as a treatment under moisturizer. When I found it in my stash, it wasn't as good as I remembered it being. It used to make my skin feel and look nice, but this bottle didn't really do much for me. I'm honestly not sure if this product is still around, but I highly doubt I'd buy it again if it was available. 

I was a pretty big fan of the Origins A Perfect World Antioxidant Cleanser with White Tea. It lasted me quite a while too because you need the tiniest bit to get a good foam. This cleanses well, but the only gripe I had is it burned like Hell around my eyes. 

I've loved the Clinique Moisture Surge for years, and this one is their Extended Thirst Relief version. I only used this at night and it made my skin feel amazingly soft and hydrated. This product in its full size is pretty expensive, but I may consider buying it once I use up what I have in my stash.

I didn't actually get to use the Philosophy Hope in a Jar Moisturizer because when I open it, it smelled awful and was yellow. Just nasty, so in the trash it goes!

I'm also throwing out the Valentia Organic Rosehip Oil. I did a full review of this, and I'm not a fan. I did like how it made my skin look and feel, but I can't get past the smell of it. I'm not sure if I got a bad batch, but it smelled rotten to me. 


Now for some health/body products. I have finally used up the Perlier Limone Italian Sorbet Body Water. I had done a review of this ages ago here and found it so interesting. It's not necessarily a moisturizer, it's like a gel that crackles on your skin and it's so refreshing to use after a really hot day and a nice shower. I'm not sure if I would buy it for myself, but it's such an interesting product that I might consider it. 

Another Perlier product I used up is the Volcanic Stones Thermal Scrub. I reviewed this here, and at the time, I did like it. Now that it's used up, I love how this smells, it's like a spa, but the scrubbing particles kinda hurt my skin. 

I finished up a Natrol Biotin 10,000 mcg tablet bottle. I take one of these every morning to help with my hair, skin and nails. My nails are always nice, but I don't think this works for my hair. I keep using it in hopes it will eventually. 

I used up the Wegmans Topcare brand of Sensitive Toothpaste. I liked this alot and it only costs about $3. Much better price than other sensitive toothpastes around. 


Now for a few random makeup type products. I'm actually sad to have used up the Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish Spray. I bought this for my wedding back in September 2013. I loved it back then and I loved it til I used it all up. I'm not very picky with setting sprays and can kinda use whatever and be happy, but there are sentimental reasons to this one!

I hadn't used this Bare Escentuals Rare Minerals Skin revival Night Treatment since I was probably a teenager. I remember using it and thinking it never really did anything. It was a powder that you put all over your skin at night and it was supposed to help with skin turnover and large pores. Since it is so old, I don't want to chance it so it's getting thrown away.

I reviewed these Dermalogica Precleanse wipes here and I didn't really care for them. At first I wasn't using them correctly, and found out that I had to wet these after an initial use to remove the rest of my makeup. I'm not a fan of these and mainly used them for rubbing off swatches. 

Last few products! I used up the Suave Keratin Infusion Color Care Shampoo and Conditioner, but not at the same time. I always use up shampoo first for some reason, and a couple weeks later, I used up this conditioner. I'm a big fan of suave hair products because they make my hair feel so soft and healthy. 

The last product is the Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial foaming hand soap in the scent Creamy Pumpkin. I love their hand soaps so much and always stock up during a sale. This scent was really nice, kinda like pumpkin pie but without the cinnamon. 

Well, that's everything I used up! Not too shabby if you ask me, and if you made it til the end, you're awesome and I love you :)

How many/what products did you use up in May?

3 comments:

  1. You finished up a lot of stuff - a lot of interesting skincare I have yet to try! I will say I personally wasn't impressed with the Hope in a Jar, so I'd say you didn't miss out on a lot there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope in a Jar seems to go bad pretty quick. My mom used to use it years ago and she would have to throw out jars that went bad even though she used it everyday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy , I would LOVE to invite you share your great Post on Wearing with Wisdom link-up party . It's located on KingMakerBlog.com and available now and every Wednesday beginning at 6 am MST , Please join us ! Thank you , Leticia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)