Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Review: Ardency Inn Modster Manuka Honey Enriched Pigments in Heaven & Hell

Hello everyone! I'm sorry it's been a little while since I posted anything. I had work throughout the whole Memorial Day weekend and was just too tired to do anything else really. My last day at work is this Saturday (YAY!) so expect a ton more posts from me starting next week! Today's review is going to be on the Adrency Inn Manuka Honey Pigments in the shades Heaven and Hell. I've been really intrigued by this brand lately and was really excited to try these out.

Here is a bit of information about these pigments, taken from Sephora:

What it is:
A collection of organic and mineral pressed pigments enriched with mānuka honey.

What it does:
MODSTER Mānuka Honey Enriched Pigments come in a beautiful assortment of everyday and editorial shades with finishes ranging from matte to metallic. Each shade was inspired by the lifestyle of music artists who use makeup as a way of expression on stage and look effortlessly beautiful off stage.

Superior color payoff is achieved through sky-high levels of pigments reaching up to 78 percent depending on the shade. High-grade silicon waxes provide ultralong-lasting wear, even without an eye primer.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know
Mānuka Honey, a mono-floral honey produced in New Zealand and Australia from the nectar of the mānuka tree, was used for the first time in a color cosmetic formulation to provide unmatched creaminess and glide-on application.  




These pigments seem like they're really tiny and in each pan you get 0.06 ounces of product. I compared them to an Urban Decay single shadow and was shocked to see that you get 0.05 ounces of product from UD, as it looks bigger in the little compact. The price of each of these Ardency Inn singles is $21 while UD is $20, so it's comparable. 



Heaven is described as a metallic champagne with silver and bronze undertones. I think this color is really beautiful all over the lid and it's super pigmented.


Hell is described as a grey pearl with a slight red undertone. The red undertone is barely noticeable to me, but when it catches the light a certain way, it does stand out a bit more. Again, this is very pigmented and beautiful on the lid. 

While I'm a fan of these shadows and want a few more shades, I don't find the colors to be that unique. You can probably find cheaper dupes of these somewhere. I do really love how pigmented these are and they apply nicely on the eyes, which is the main reason I want more. I've read reviews that say there is lots of fallout, but for me, that was not the case. I find these have a slightly creamy feel and they also last quite a while on my lids, but I do use a primer. You can also dampen whatever brush you're using, and that makes the shadows pop even more. I find these to be a bit pricey for what they are, but since these are neutral shades, I will get use out of them for sure. They have a beautiful rose gold shade that I've been dying to get my hands on for months now, but they're always sold out!

Have you tried these pigments before, or anything else from Ardency Inn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)