Tuesday, April 7, 2015

March 2015 Empties!

Hi everyone! Today I'm showing you my trash. I used up a pretty decent amount of products in March, so grab a snack or a drink, because this may be a long one!

I'll start with skincare since that's what I have the most of. The first product is the Korres White Tea Fluid Gel Cleanser. I used this in the mornings, and I really did like it. It cleaned my skin well and got rid of any oil I may have had from the night before. 

This wouldn't be an empties without an Aloe Calming Toner from The Body Shop. I've talked about this a ton before, so I won't beat a dead horse. This is my favorite toner ever, and I use it primarily at night, unless it's Winter, then I use it morning and night. 

I used up a sample of the Pangea Organics Facial Scrub, and I didn't really care for it. The scrubbing bits in it were a bit rough, and it didn't smell too pleasant. 

I used up another sample of the bareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser, and I really, really like this! I used it in the morning and got a good weeks worth of use out of it. It cleans really well, but doesn't strip the skin. This is a great everyday, basic cleanser.

I used up a sample of the Philosophy Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer. This moisturizer is so interesting to me. It feels thick when I rub it between my hands, but once I apply it to my face, it spreads out evenly and feels incredibly silky. It's extremely hydrating, so I only used it at night, but I always woke up with really pretty skin.

I finally finished up 2 InstaNatural products, the first one being the Hyaluronic Acid Serum and the second one is the Age-Defying Skin Clearing Serum, which I reviewed here along with another product. The hyaluronic serum was amazing mixed into my morning moisturizer when I needed extra hydration and the skin clearing serum is probably one of the best serums for oily, acne prone skin I've ever tried. It seriously was amazing stuff, and I probably will repurchase when I use up other skin treatments. 


Now for makeup. I'm throwing away the Coastal Scents mini eyeshadow quads that I received in previous Ipsy bags. I was going through my makeup, saw these, and just decided to get rid of them. I've never used them and a couple shadows broke, so I have no use just hanging onto them. 

I'm also throwing away the Be a Bombshell Liquid Eyeliner in the shade Onyx. This also came in a previous Ipsy bag. I found this hard to use because the felt tip of this is so chunky and large, which made it hard getting a thin line. The color is so black though, which makes it tough to throw away. Oh well, like I said above, there is no use hanging onto this if I have no use for it!

The Freeman Purifying Paper Mask was not good. I'm not a fan of sheet masks, and this one was no exception. It didn't sit right on my face, so I kept getting it in my eyes and up my nose. I'll stick with my normal masks, thank you!

I absolutely loved the Korres Guava Body Butter! It smelled amazing and really hydrated my skin. I'm trying to get my skin in good shape after it being so dry in the Winter, so I need anything that's going to put moisture back into my skin. This did it, and I'm a little sad it's gone. 

I didn't care much for the Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream. First off, it's not that intense. It didn't really help my hands in any way. Second, I went through it pretty fast because of that. I felt like I kept having to reapply to get it to do anything. At least it's not sitting around anymore waiting to be used up!

If I'm not mistaken, this Simply Be Well Lotion came from the hotel my husband and I stayed at during our honeymoon. I'm weird and always take those little sample toiletries with me. This was alright. It's a very lightweight lotion and I only used it on my arms. This would've done nothing for my poor, dry legs.


Last few things! I am so happy to finally be finished a Johnson's Baby Shampoo. I use this stuff to clean my brushes, and let me tell you, I had this bottle when my husband and I first moved in together in the Summer of 2012. I got a hug double pack of these before we moved, and I'm just starting to use the second one. Crazy how long this big bottle lasts!

I'm sure I've mentioned before, but I'm not the biggest fan of Bath & Body Works body products. Candles and handsoap, I love, but body products, not so much. I had this Country Chic scented shower gel for a while. I'm going to start using up all their body care stuff I have because I don't want to be wasteful. 

The very last product is the Bath & Body Works Gentle Foaming Hand Soap in the Pumpkin Caramel Latte scent. Holy crap, does this stuff smell like heaven! I love anything that smells like pumpkin, but this smells like dessert and I wish I had a backup. There is always next Fall! Hopefully they bring it back.

Phew! If you lasted til now, thank you and I love you! I'm so happy to be using up so many products. I seem to be on a mission lately to de-clutter my life and I have so many beauty products to go through, so when I use something up, it feels like weight lifted off my shoulders. Such an awesome feeling!

What did you use up lately?

2 comments:

  1. The Body Shop toner sounds amazing. I have been looking for a new toner and will keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is an amazing toner. It's so simple and only has like 6 ingredients in it, but it feels so amazing on my skin!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)