Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Review: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless Powder - 100 Translucent

Hi everyone! Today I'm going to be doing a requested review on this Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless Powder. I got the shade Translucent, as that's what I normally get in face powders. 

According to the Maybelline website: 

Fit Me!® Matte + Poreless Powder from Maybelline New York goes beyond skin tone matching to fit the unique texture issues of normal to oily skin for the ultimate natural skin fit.
Fit Me Matte + Poreless Face Powder provides long-lasting, mattifying, shine control and up to 12HR wear for a natural, poreless-looking finish.


It also has buildable coverage, it doesn't clog pores, and it is oil-free.

Directions:

With the provided applicator, blot the powder onto areas of face with excess oil. Apply to your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin and blend all over using gentle downward strokes. Build for fuller coverage.  


The translucent shade is perfect for me. There is a Porcelain shade that I could probably get away with, but this one was a smidge lighter and it blends in perfectly. I agree with the natural, poreless-looking finish and that it has buildable coverage. What I have a problem with is how long it lasts. It claims to have up to 12 hours of wear, which is a pretty big claim, but it doesn't even last half as long with my oily skin. Even though it's still cold here in Eastern Pennsylvania, my skin knows the season is changing and it's now starting to get super oily. I noticed my skin was shiny after only 4 hours every time I used this. Honestly, that's fairly typical for me. I've even had powders that only lasted an hour or two, so 4 is a bit better than what I'm used to. This definitely doesn't hold up for me during a full work day. I do really like this for setting my under eyes, though.

Despite the powder not giving me the oil control I need, I must say, it goes on really nicely, blends in well, and like I said above, the translucent shade is perfect once it's blended in. I just wanted to show a heavier swatch so you can get a look at the color. The powder itself is very, very soft and buttery feeling, and it doesn't kick up excess powder when dipping a brush into it. As for the sponge it comes with, I find those to be useless. I can't stand them for some reason and I immediately throw them out. 

I purchased mine at Walmart for $5.94, but the suggested retail price is $7.99, depending on where you buy it. I tend to like buying makeup at Walmart since most makeup there is $2-3 cheaper than at the drugstore. There are a total of 8 shades available, and the darkest one doesn't even look that dark to me. 

Would I recommend this overall? Maybe. Depending on what you do in your daily life, it can be an ok powder. For me, I can really only get away with wearing this on my days off when I'm running errands and doing stuff around the house. This doesn't last through a normal 8 hour day of work. I'm a greasy mess half way through and then my makeup looks really bad. My all-time favorite mattifying powder is still the Rimmel Stay Matte. I haven't found anything yet that comes close to it. 

Have you tried this powder yet? If so, what do you think? If not, would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)