Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Body Shop & Ulta HAUL!

Hey guys! Today I'm going to be showing you a haul that I did before the new year started. I decided it was time for a spending ban so as if January 1st, I won't be purchasing anything beauty related for at least a month. We're 5 days into the new year and so far, so good! I am tempted with all the new makeup/skincare goodies that are starting to come out, plus I got 2 Sephora gift cards for Christmas, but I want to save them. Anyway, let me show you what I bought!

I'll start off with what I purchased online from The Body Shop. I have to tell a little story about his purchase. When I went to order everything, the entire site was 50% off, which they don't have too often. I'm also a Love Your Body member, which gave me 10% extra off my order. My birthday is in December, so they give you $10 to spend towards your purchase. ALSO, I didn't realize that I had my 8 point gift to use up, which is when they give you $25 to use toward your purchase. After all those discounts, I only spent just under $25 for everything you see above, I kid you not! Can you believe that?! I was so excited and my husband was actually proud of me lol. 

Okay, onto all the lovely stuff I bought. I definitely had to stock up on my favorite toner of life, the Aloe Calming Toner. I've talked about this toner more times than I can count, but it's just amazing, which is why I bought three bottles. 

I'm obsessed with their Hemp Hand Protector! It's one of the only hand creams that I can use in the Winter because everything else doesn't work. My hands get so dry and cracked, but this hand cream is a miracle worker for me, especially since I have to wash my hands alot working retail. I should mention though, this was actually a freebie because I spent a certain amount online. I honestly don't remember what amount I had to spend to get it though. 

I haven't tried much from their Nutriganics line, so I figured I'd try out the Smoothing Night Cream. This is supposed to be a more natural line in their skincare range, but I'm not picky about that honestly. As long as a product works for me, I'm happy. I've been having alot of little dehydration lines on my face because of the weather, so I'm hoping to find something that helps with that.

This wouldn't be a Body Shop haul if there wasn't a body butter invloved, and the one I bought is in the holiday scent Vanilla Brulee. It smells divine and everyone and their mom knows how much I love these body butters.

I haven't tried too many of the masks they have either, so I picked up the Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Mask. This smells lovely as well, very light and like baby wipes. This has scrubbing particles in it, so after you leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes, so scrube it off your face to get some exfoliation going. I think this will be amazing for my skin. 

The last product I bought thanks to Essie Button on YouTube and it's the Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in the shade 01 Light Matte. The color sure is stunning, and looks like it will be great for my fair skin. Essie Button sure knows a good product!


Now for Ulta. they had a 20% off coupon in December, so I kinda went a little crazy on the website! I've been running low on dry shampoo, so I purchased two scents of Batiste, Wild and Refresh. I typically get the Tropical scent but for whatever reason, they don't have it at Ulta. At least not at mine. 

It Cosmetics is a brand that I'm dabbling in and their brushes have intrigued me for a while. I decided to purchase the Airbrush Buffing Foundation Brush #110. I normally use a Beauty Blender for foundation, but wanted to try this since it reminds me of a Sigma look-a-like. Oh my word is this brush soft! I haven't tried it on my face yet, but I have washed it and there was no shedding. I can't wait to try this out on my face. It feels like chinchilla fur or something!

Thanks to EmilyNoel on YouTube, I had to purchase the Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara. She raves about this mascara all the time, so I bought into the hype and purchased it. Haven't tried it yet, but I will probably write up a review of it when I do!

I needed a blow dryer so bad! In all honesty I've never owned on myself. I always would use my mom's hair dryer if I wanted to blow dry my hair, which was rare. I usually air dry it. I ended up choosing the Bed Head Mind Blower Hair Dryer. I already used it once, and so far I like it! I'm not picky since I don't know much about blow dryers, but it dried my hair nicely and didn't make it feel like a fried mess. 

Since I'm on a hand cream kick and seem to be using up alot of what I have, I bought the 100% Pure French Lavender Hand Buttercream. This smells so lovely, and I plan on mostly using this at night since lavender is very calming and relaxing for me.

I love me a good eye cream, so I treated myself to two. The first one is the Tarte Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment. I've heard good things about this eye cream so I'm hoping I like it for my dark circles. The other one I bought is the Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream. Hyaluronic acid loves my dry skin I've been having, so I have a feeling this will work well for me. 

That's everything I purchased! Hopefully this spending ban goes well for me and I don't give into temptation. Is there anything you've purchased recently? Are you doing a spending ban?

4 comments:

  1. Love a good Body Shop sale! Right now I'm enjoying their Vitamin E facial oil, which is really hydrating. I've never tried their Nutruganics products, but I'm curious!

    Beauty Loon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when they have sales and I can get good discounts! I'll have to try out their Vitamin E oil, I have read about it and I'm curious to try it out!

      Delete
  2. Next time you order from the body shop pick up the cleansing oil!! I love it so much! totally worth giving it a shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)