Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Review: Lancome Grandiose Wide-Angle Fan Effect Mascara

Hello everyone! Today I have a mascara review today, and it's the Lancome Grandiose Mascara. I've been hearing some pretty good reviews, along with a few indifferent reviews. I've tested it out and I'm ready to give my thoughts!

The description that I found on the Sephora site says:

What it is:
A first-of-its-kind mascara that provides access to all lashes for bigger, brighter eyes.

What it does:
This revolutionary, Swan Neck™ Wand Mascara provides exceptional length, lift, and volume to all lashes. It features Lancôme's first patented wand, which works with the shape of your face for the easiest application, and the curve of the wand mixes the mascara with each twist open, allowing for formula that stays fresh longer. The specially designed, elastomer-molded brush perfectly deposits formula on each lash, while smaller bristles effortlessly coat even short lashes from root to tip for ultimate volume. The ultra-black, smudge-free formula features Lancôme’s rose cell extract, which nourishes and smooths lashes while providing infinite buildability. This high-gloss, clump-free mascara leaves lashes fanned out with maximum length, and it is designed with long-wearing, flexible polymers, which allow for easy removal. 



I have to say, the packaging of this mascara is just beautiful. I love the shape of the tube, and the rose detail in the cap is amazing. You can tel they put some good thought into packaging, but what makes it unique is the wand itself.


As you can see, the wand isn't in the typical straight form, it's got a neat curve to it. It's supposed to help with the ease of applying mascara and getting the hard to reach outer and inner corner lashes. It's a rubber bristle brush, which I particularly like. I find it helps to coat my lashes more evenly.

Now for some pictures of my eyeball!


I did a very neutral eye look so that you could see my lashes. As you can probably see, my lashes aren't that amazing. I wish I had Tiffany D's eyelashes so bad, but hey, that's what mascara is for! My lashes have a bit of a natural curl to them, but they're very light and barely noticeable. 


This is with one coat of mascara on non-curled lashes without primer. I'd say there's a big difference here! The mascara curled my lashes really well and deposited color evenly. When using the brush, I do find there's a bit of a learning curve to it as you do have to turn the wand different ways to get all the lashes. I do still struggle a bit with getting the very outer corners of my lashes without getting mascara everywhere, but I get that with every mascara I use. I do feel like this gave me really nice length but maybe not the best volume.

Overall, This mascara is a winner in my book. I'm alright with not having a ton of volume as long as there is length. It doesn't get flaky on me but I do notice a few smudges by the end of the day, but I attribute that to my oily skin. It also removes very easily with makeup remover. This mascara costs a whopping $32, but like I said in the beginning of my post, I got it at a discount because of work. I've honestly never really been so excited for a mascara to come out until I heard about this. I find it to be so unique because of the wand and the packaging is really just beautiful. It also only comes in one color, black, but it's very dark which is great. You can find this mascara at Sephora, Lancome's website and department stores where there is a Lancome counter.

What do you think of this mascara?

2 comments:

  1. I have really been wanting to try this mascara!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great! Once you get the hang of how to use the wand and whatnot, it's easy peasy!

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)