Tuesday, October 21, 2014

October 2014 Ipsy Bag

Hey everyone! My Ipsy bag came a little late this month, this past Friday actually. I was just busy all weekend and I can now get to showing you all what I got! I have to say, I'm impressed this month!

For the actual bag the products come in, I love the color! Teals are beautiful. I'm just not a fan of the pattern. I don't really see myself using this bag for anything honestly. The products are what's important!


The first product I received is the Ecru New York Acacia Protein BB Cream Beauty Balm for Hair. I've never heard of this brand before but I had heard of bb creams for hair. I'm definitely looking forward to trying this since I colored my hair a burgundy/auburn color and I want to maintain the health of my hair. 

Next up is Epice International Purifying Exfoliant. I can always use a good exfoliant and with the colder weather coming up, this will come in handy. 

Then I got a Starlooks Lip Gloss in the color Gulity Pleasure. I think the color is great for Fall and compliments my fair skin nicely. When I swatched it however, it did feel a bit sticky. I haven't tried it on my lips yet, but I hope the stickiness isn't too bad once applied. 

I also got a Jessie's Girl Mineralized Baked Shadow Powder in the color Plum Frost. When I swatched this, I was surprised at how pigmented this shadow was. I know this brand is sold in the drugstore, but I was pretty impressed. It's definitely a beautiful color that I can see myself using.

Next up we have a Figs & Rouge Hand Cream in the scent Rose Berry. I have heard of this brand before and it comes out of the UK, which is pretty neat. I'm glad I got a little hand cream because I can take it to work with me and have it not take up too much space in my work bag. It does smell very nice too but I have yet to test it out on my hands. 

Now this sixth product is one that I had used my points for and it's the Eyetini Eye Cordial Cream Shadow Tint & Base. I wasn't too happy that I didn't have many choices when picking out what I wanted, but I had some points expire and I didn't want to lose any more. Believe it or not, I actually really like this product! I used it as a base under eyeshadow and it looked pretty, had good pigmentation, and also made my look last all day! 

Swatches of lip gloss, eyeshadow & eye base
Overall, I'm highly impressed this month! The last couple months were a little meh, and I did consider cancelling my subscription. This bag has totally redeemed itself for me as it has a nice mix of skincare and makeup. 

If you want your own Ipsy bag, use my referral link here! It's only $10 a month, plus shipping for some, and you get a good range of products sent to you every month!

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a really good bag! The shadow is beautiful

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I just did my ipsy review too, and we got a few of the same things! I loved the lipgloss, since the shade complements me nicely (and probably everyone, as it's so neutral)... I was also impressed by the eyeshadow, although I'm envious of the shade yours comes in!

    Have you tried the BB cream yet? What do you think of it? I just tried it today and I haven't solidified my opinion of it yet.

    xo,
    Elizabeth
    www.episeofcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have not tried the BB cream yet. Maybe tonight when I wash my hair! :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! This post has been featured on Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party. Check it out here- http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2014/10/what-i-prayed-for-this-diwali-wuw.html

    Cheers,
    Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)