Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Anniversary & Makeup Geek Haul!

Hey everyone! This past Sunday was my husband's and my 1 year wedding anniversary and he surprised me by taking me shopping for the day! I bought a few things but didn't go too crazy. I also placed an order from Makeup Geek last week after watching one of Marlena's videos on newer eyeshadows. I hadn't bought anything from her in about 6 months, so I thought it was time again. Here's everything I got!

First stop was Sephora. We went to a mall where there is an actual Sephora store, not one inside JC Penny, so I was pretty happy and really wanted to look around. The first thing I got is the Sephora Favorites Beauty Unmasked set. It comes with the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask, which I already love and will be great if I travel anywhere. It also comes with a Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask, which I have not tried yet but I think this will be nice if I have irritated skin. It comes with a Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment Masque, which I've actually been dying to try but I'm not willing to spend the $69 for the full size jar. The last mask is the Boscia Luminizing Black Mask, which I've also been very interested in trying. This whole kit was only $29 and it was at the checkout line where they have travel sized and smaller products. I'm incredibly happy I saw this!

I've been really wanting to try the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder because I've seen so many good reviews on it. I have used it once and so far it's alright, but I'll have to play with it more to give a real opinion. 

The last product I purchased is the Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. I have super oily eyelids and everyone I've seen that has oily eyelids says this is amazing, so I was definitely intrigued. I have yet to try it out, but I do have high hopes!


Then we headed over to Bath & Body Works to pick up some 3-wick candles, and it was also that last day of the 2 for $22 sale. After a fairly extensive sniff test, we settled on these four. 

The first one is Peach Cilantro Twist. The scent description on the back says, "Capture all the fun of a backyard bash with this fresh and fruity blend of early summer peach, fresh garden cilantro and a hint of juicy mango." When I smelled this, I wasn't wowed. When my husband smelled it however, it was a totally different story. His eyes got big and all he said was I like that, like 4 times. In the shopping bag it went!

The next one is Autumn Sky, another one the hubby picked. The description of this one says, "Experience fall's bright, crisp sky with notes of still green leaves, cedar and lemon wood." We were talking to a sales girl there and she asked if he liked the Mahogany Teakwood scent, which he does love, but I find it too overpowering. She showed us this and said it smelled similar just not as overpowering. I actually find this to smell very nice and it doesn't give me a headache like Mahogany Teakwood did. Of course the other half liked it too!

The last two are ones I picked! First up is Bourbon Butterscotch. "This creamy blend includes rich notes of butterscotch, sweet vanilla and a hint of that singularly American spirit - bourbon whiskey - perfectly aged in oak barrels." I smelled this one and almost died with how awesome the scent was. I love the sweet smelling candles and this is pretty perfect for me. 

The last one I picked up is Pumpkin Pecan Waffles. "Delight in the scrumptious scent of pumpkin pecan waffles, pure maple syrup and a touch of brown sugar." This is probably my favorite out of all of them. I love pumpkin, and I love waffles. Combine the two and you get this wonderful smelling jar of wax. I don't know what it is about this that I love so much, but I'd buy this in bulk if I could. 

Now for some Makeup Geek! I wanted to get some brushes but of course when I went to make my order, most of them were sold out, so I went with the Soft Dome Brush, which I think is going to make a nice crease brush. It's really soft and I did already wash it, which to my dismay caused some shedding. I'm curious to see if there will be shedding while applying shadows. I also bought seven different eyeshadows, which I'll show one at a time.


First up is Purely Naked which is described as a shimmery tan. You can hardly see the shimmer in the pan, so I am curious to see how it comes off as a crease color.


Next is Twilight, which is described as a pale shimmery muted purple. I honestly don't see purple in person. It's more of a taupe, but it may come off different on the eye. 


Next we have Sensuous, which is a shimmery purple with flecks of silver. I can't wait to use this on the outer corners of my eyes, or in the crease if I want a smokey look.


Next we have Unexpected, which is a matte pale pink brown. I think this shade will look awesome with Sensuous or Twilight.


Next is Latte, a matte medium brown. This doesn't look too warm for my fair skin, so I'm hoping it's going to be a nice crease color when I want something a little darker. 


Then we have Cupcake, a matte medium pink. This actually looks alot darker in person than on the Makeup Geek website, so I'm hoping it's still going to look alright.


Last color is Prom Night, a pale purple with hints of grey and a shimmery finish. Now I know it looks funky in the picture, but it came like that. Must've gotten scratched in the packaging or something. This is such a pretty shadow and I think it will look nice with some of the other colors I bought and already have.

That's everything! Have you purchased anything recently?

2 comments:

  1. Those shadows look amazing! Great colors. I got a little candle crazy during the sale and bought what must have been every pumpkin scented candle.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had the money, I would've bought every pumpkin scented candle there, they had tons!

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)