Thursday, May 8, 2014

Beauty Haul! Featuring BH Cosmetics, Rite Aid, Ulta & More!

Hey everyone! Taking pictures of this haul make me realize I got alot more than I thought! Since I did pick up quite a few things here over the past couple months, I think it's time for a spending ban. I'm giving myself til August 1st, which is just under 3 months. Anyways, lets see what damage I did! ;)

First up is BH Cosmetics! I haven't purchased anything from BH since September of 2012, so I decided it was time for me to buy a few things. The first product I really had my eye on was the Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow Palette. I saw all the prettiness that was inside this palette when it first came out and knew it had to be mine one day! Also, I didn't take any pictures of inside the palettes I bought, so if you'd like to see a full review on anything please let me know!

The next product I purchased is the It's Judy Time Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palette. When I heard that Judy from It's Judy Time on YouTube was making her own palette, I was a bit skeptical honestly. I didn't think it was going to be that special, but when she featured it in one of her videos, I oohed and ahhed throughout the whole video! I'm super excited that I was able to get my hands on this since it is supposedly limited edition. 

I had been thinking about getting some new brushes for my collection and saw this 11 piece Pink-A-Dot Brush set and thought it was adorable! I haven't used these yet, I even still have to wash them, but they seem incredibly soft and good quality. 

BH had this promotion where if you spent $15, you had your choice of one of the three California Palettes for only $4.50! I decided on the San Francisco Palette, as it seemed to be the most neutral. The other two were just not my style. I even did a little searching online and found  10% off code to use on this purchase and saved an extra almost $6! So, basically I got this little palette for free! Plus, I also use Ebates, so I got some cash back as well. Can't beat that! Ebates is awesome! If you do alot of online shopping like I do, you link your PayPal account to your Ebates account, and everytime you shop online, you click the Ebates button and you automatically get a certain percentage of cash back, which really comes in handy!


Next up, I have one item I purchased from Amazon. This is the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. I had gotten an email from Amazon recommending some products to try and this was one of them. I have incredibly large pores that get super clogged really easily so I'm hoping this does something for me. It was also pretty inexpensive as well.


I was at Walmart with my husband and mother-in-law one day and while they were getting what they wanted, I pretty much stayed in the beauty area. Maybelline is probably my favorite drugstore brand, and they had a $2 off coupon if you bought two products so I picked up their newest mascara, Pumped Up Colossal in the Glam Black color and a Master Hi-Light Blush in the color Pink Rose. I've been hearing good things about these blushes so I'm excited to try it. Haven't heard much yet about the mascara, but I do have high hopes as they are my favorite brand for mascaras, usually.


Next up is Rite Aid! I was able to get to a Rite Aid when a few of the brands there were 40% off so I kinda went a little crazy! I ended up getting two of the Maybelline limited edition Eyestudio quads in Taupe Tease and Take It Off. If I'm not mistaken, these quads are part of their Spring nude line, but don't quote me on that. Love these quads and I want them all!

Wet N' Wild was not on sale, but I had a $1 off coupon on any of their products so I picked up one of their limited edition 8-pan palettes in Flirting at the After Party. I was so torn on either this one or the other neutral one they have but decided on this since I have so many neutrals in my collection. I've already used this once and I do like it, but I'm not in love with it. 

L'Oreal was also 40% off so I picked up their Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in the Blackest Black shade and a Colour Riche Eyeshadow quad in Cupa Joe. I always hear that there are MAC dupes in this palette, but I'm not a MAC girl so I can't say for sure. I'm super excited to try the mascara because I've heard some pretty good things about it!


Some time after Rite Aid's 40% off sale, Ulta had a 40% off sale on certain brands. Physician's Formula is rarely on a good sale and I really wanted to try their Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum. Anything that claims it can boost my lashes instantly, I'm all over. I've been very curious to try this and I'm excited to see if it lives up to that claim. 

Of course I had to get me some more Maybelline! Since they were also 40% off, I picked up another one of the Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Eraser, but this time I got the Brightener shade. I typically use the fair shade, but this one is a tad bit lighter therefore it makes my undereyes seem brighter. I now have quite a few backups of this stuff so I'm set for a while. 

I also wanted to try out their Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in the Ivory shade. They were sold out of the one I actually wanted, but this seems light enough to have a brightening effect on my pale skin. 

I also wanted to pick up another Elixir Gloss and I got the color Signature Scarlet. I already have tried this and it's really pretty! It's not orange at all and is almost the perfect red for me. I have a hard time finding a red that suits me because I'm so pale and my skin is already pretty red, but this one is nice! I definitely want to pick up more of these babies!


These last products I purchased where I work! I've realized that I mentioned me working in retail but I never said specifically where. Not sure why, I guess maybe I thought I wasn't allowed to say where I work, but it's not like I'm giving the specific store I work in. Anyways, I actually work at Macys! Twice a year, Macys has their Friends & Family event. During that time, they have employee appreciation where instead of receiving our regular discount, we get 30 or 40% off of cosmetics and fragrances depending on the brand. This is really the only time I'll buy skincare or makeup there because hey, a girl likes a good deal! 

Now I have two separate pictures because I made two separate purchases within that Friends & Family period. My first purchase was the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream. I have quite a few samples of this and just love it, but I thought I remembered having a full size already, yet I can't find it to save my life. I decided to just buy another one since with all my discounts, I only paid about $13. This product costs $30 without tax, so I think that's a good deal! I love the girl who works at the Origins counter and she said since I was buying skincare, I got some deluxe samples of the Checks and Balances face wash, Make a Difference Plus Treatment and a GinZing Eye Cream! I love samples, so I was thrilled. 

Hence the reason for me making another purchase! I had read alot about the GinZing Energy- Boosting Moisturizer, but was afraid to try it because I thought maybe it would be too thick for my oily skin. I tried it out first, and am actually happy to report it's a gel like consistency that isn't very thick at all, but still feels nice on the skin! For my samples, I picked A Perfect World Antioxidant Cleanser, and another Make A Difference Plus and GinZing Eye Cream. With all my discounts, I only spent a little under $9 for a product that's normally $26.50.

Since I was on an eye cream kick, I decided to buy one of my favorite night time eye creams, and that's Clinque's All About Eyes. I purchased the larger size that typically retails for $50, but they do have a smaller one that's half the size for $30. The larger size to me is a better deal, plus you don't need to use alot at all. With all my discounts, I ended up paying about $16. Not bad! I usually don't buy this much during the employee appreciation, but I wanted to stock up on things I wanted so I won't have to later on. 

I hope you all enjoyed this haul! It'll probably be my last one for a while unless I run out of things I need, which I don't really expect to happen anytime soon lol

Have you purchased any beauty products lately?

6 comments:

  1. I have the BH San Francisco palette.. I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear! Can't wait to play around with it :)

      Delete
  2. Love your blog! Found you through the Bright Side Blog Hop! I have been meaning to buy some more Origin products so really happy to see some of your purchases :) I will be sure to dedicate a post with what I end up buying! I'd love it if you could check out my beauty blog too :)

    bowsandpleats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thank you! I'm so glad you like my blog! Following you back on bloglovin :)

      Delete
  3. Crazy awesome haul! I've been curious about the it'sjudytime palette and would love to hear your thoughts on it!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will put that on my review list! :)

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)