Sunday, January 12, 2014

Review & Swatches: Urban Decay Naked3 Palette

 Hey everyone! Today I'm finally bringing you my review on the much talked about Naked3 Palette. I was one of the lucky people who was able to order it the day it came out on the Urban Decay website, so I've had lots of time to test it out. Lets get into my review!


 The packaging is pretty much the same as the Naked2 Palette but the lid to this has a ripple effect and it's a bit more rosy colored, which is the color theme to this palette. You get 12 all new shades, which is great because who doesn't love new Urban Decay Shadows?! Anyways, the 12 shades are all supposed to have a rosy tint to them and there is a decent color range in this palette. It comes with a double-ended brush, which I honestly don't use, but TiffanyD on YouTube suggested to use this brush for concealer, so I may try that! The box this palette came in also had an Eyeshadow Primer Potion sampler with the 4 different primers they have. I thought that was really nice because it says you can get a week out of just one of the primers, so that added alot of value to this palette. This costs a whopping $52 and is available on the Urban Decay website, Sephora and Ulta.

 Sorry the quality of this picture sucks, but the first six shades shown here are, Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz and Trick.

 This is a little bit better of a picture. These shades are, Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside and Blackheart. Onto some swatches!

 These are some of the saddest swatches. I'm sorry my skin is so pale, but at the very top you can see Strange. Strange is considered a pale neutral pink matte-satin. I love this shade as a highlight because it's got a tiny hint of shimmer and it's basically the color of my skin.

The next color, Dust, is kind of a disappointment. Every other review I've read or seen online has said the same thing. Dust is described as a pale metallic pink shimmer with iridescent micro-glitter. This is a disappointment because it's so darn chunky and creates a whole lotta fallout! It's a pretty hard color to work with but it is a pretty shade. I may have to spray my brush with setting spray before I use this. 

The third shade is called Burnout and is described as a light pinky-peach satin. I actually really like this color even though it's hardly noticeable on my skin. It feels nice and creamy and is easy to work with on the eye.

 The very top shade is called Limit. It's described as a light dusty rose matte. I am freaking obsessed with this color! For me, it's a great transition color and gives me just a bit of definition in my crease when I need it. This may actually be my favorite shade in this whole palette.

The next color is called Buzz. Buzz is described as a metallic rose shimmer with silver micro-glitter. Even though this has glitter in it, there was no fallout for me. I love using this shade with Limit in my crease and then Strange as a highlight. That's been one of my go-to looks from this palette.

The bottom shade shown is called Trick. It's described as a light metallic pinky-copper shimmer with tonal microsparkle. Call me stupid, but I have no idea what tonal micro-sparkle is, but I don't care. This is a beautiful color as well, but I do get a bit of fallout if I'm not careful.

The next shade is Nooner, my second favorite color in the palette! Nooner is described as a medium pinky-brown matte. This is another great crease color, but I use it for more darker looks. This color kinda reminds me a bit of Tease from Naked2.

Next up we have Liar, which is described as a medium metallic mauve shimmer. This is another gorgeous lid color that is smooth and buttery and looks great with Nooner.

Then we have Factory, which is described as a pinky-brown satin. This also looks great with Nooner. It looks very similar to Liar in the picture but in person, Liar looks more taupe-y. 

 Last three colors! Up top we have Mugshot, which is described as a metallic taupe shimmer with a slight pink shift. This color is absolutely stunning in person, and I use it quite a bit.

The next color is Factory. Factory is described as a pinky-brown satin. I'm in love with this color too. Again, it's very creamy and very easy to work with. I get absolutely no fallout with this color either. 

The last color is called Blackheart. It's described as a smoky black matte with rosy red microsparkle. This color is so unique to me. I swear it changes colors depending on how it hits the light. I can kinda see some of the red sparkle in the picture, but in person it's much more obvious. I'm surprised I like this color as much as I do.

Those are all the wonderful colors! I have to say, I prefer the darker half of the palette than the first aside from Limit, but they're all great. Like I said, the only real dud of the palette is dust, but it can be workable if you just wet the brush you use. 

Now you might be asking, which Naked palette is better? I do own all three, and it is really hard to pick. I haven't owned this long enough to say that this one is my favorite, but it's up there. The first one is my least favorite. I prefer the second one over the first because it's more cool. I'd say it's a tie between this one and the second one as my favorites. 

What do you think of this palette?

4 comments:

  1. I got this palette for Christmas and today was the first day I wore it and I am in love. I wore the shades Trick, Limit, and Strange and they are beautiful!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they?! This is such a great palette :)

      Delete
  2. this palette is impossible to find in my area!! its absolutely gorgeous

    www.thestylebender.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I hope you can find it soon! I know my Ulta was out when I last went. It's still available on the Sephora website though!

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)