Friday, January 3, 2014

2013 Beauty Favorites!

Hi everyone! Instead of doing a monthly favorites for December, I'm doing my favorites for the whole last year. Now, there's no real rhyme or reason behind my favorites. I just picked what products I used the most throughout the year. There's a bit of skincare, makeup and tools!

  Starting off with skincare, if you read my blog on a regular basis, you know how obsessed I am with The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner. This is one product that is always in my skincare routine no matter what. I go through it faster in the Winter time because I use it morning and night, but in the Summer I only use it at night. This is a Holy Grail product, and anything I try that's similar doesn't compare.

I've been loving the Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel for a long time. I started out using the lotion version of this, but I felt it was getting a bit heavy for my skin so I switched to this gel version. My skin loves this! I only use this at night after toning, and when I wake up in the morning, my skin looks and feels so soft. It keeps my pores looking cleaner and overall, this is just such a great product if you have oily, blemish prone skin with stubborn blackheads.

Next up we have some palettes. The Lorac Pro Palette is one palette that I constantly reach for. When I'm not sure what to do with my eye makeup, I pull this out and come up with something. With the range of matte and shimmer shadows you have, there are numerous looks you can create. I used this palette on my wedding day and had some amazing compliments because of it. I will never regret buying this!

The Urban Decay Naked Basics palette is a palette that I wasn't sure of at first. I kept reading different reviews on it, and at first I wasn't going to get it. I saw it in store and fell in love! I can't say how many times I've used eyeshadows, then pulled this out to add a highlight or a crease color because I didn't like anything else. I use this palette almost everyday with my eye looks. 

Time for some face products! I'm typically not a foundation girl. I'll pretty much just use some concealer under my eyes, powder up, then go. I like no fuss or anything. When I do feel like wearing a bit more makeup, I go for the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in the color 805 Ivory. This foundation is incredible! If you have oily or dry skin, you can use this. I always set with powder because I'm super oily, but if you're dry, you can put this on and go. It gives good coverage and keeps my skin looking flawless for quite a while.

My favorite concealer of all time is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in the color Fair. This concealer is a Godsend for my horrible dark circles. I don't sleep well, plus it's hereditary so I have constant dark circles. This stuff covers them up well, and if I set with powder, I'm good for the day.

When I set any foundation, concealer, etc. I like using a setting spray and my favorite one has been the Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish Setting Spray. Ever since I bought this for my wedding day, I was hooked. It made my makeup last for hours and even at the end of the day, my makeup still looked nice. I'll probably repurchase this once I run out of the other setting sprays I have. Love, love, love this stuff!

*Honorable mention* I really just forgot to picture this, but the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in the Transparent color is also something I use pretty religiously. I love how it makes my skin stay more matte than normal and it never looks cakey on. I love using it to set my under eye concealer most. 

The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion really needs no explanation as to why it's a favorite of the year. I used this every single time I used eyeshadow in 2013. I do have other eyeshadow primers to use, so this tube will be put aside for a while. Until I find something better, this will continue to be my Holy Grail eyeshadow primer!

Maybelline's The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara in the Blackest Black color is fantastic! You've all heard me rave about the bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara, but this comes so close to being better. I have another of the bareMinerals mascara, so I'm curious to use it again and see what I think about that versus this one!

A new edition to my beauty arsenal is the Beauty Blender! I got the black one because it came in a double pack that was a better deal than buying just one. I never knew foundation could look so amazing before using this! Using this along with that Covergirl foundation is near perfection. I love how you can cover larger areas of that face with the sides of this, then get into the corners of the eyes or nose with the tip. This little miracle sponge is so worth the splurge in my opinion.

Next up in the tool department is the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. This. Brush. Is. Amazeballs! Seriously, I love this brush for applying and blending out concealer under the eyes, or when I put on cream eyeshadows to blend out the harsh lines. I'm usually messy with cream shadows, so I need something to help blend everything out. This brush is also one of the softest brushes I own, so that's a big plus!

My last favorite for the year is the Sigma E35 Tapered Blending Brush. I use this brush pretty much everyday when putting eyeshadow in my crease. It's the perfect size and applies just enough color. It's also another really soft brush so it's nice to work with.

Those are my favorites for the last year! What were some of your favorites?

18 comments:

  1. I love that real techniques brush, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the body shop toner too!! its amazing

    btw i followed you from meet me on the bright side blog.. would you be willing and check my blog out and maybe follow? www.traceysbeauty.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I really want to try the covergirl foundation after hearing so many people rave about it but I have too many bases as it is and needs to use up a fiew first!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I understand that! I have backups of backups, it's sad really...

      Delete
  4. Oh I love love love that concealer from Maybelline, I actually finished the whole tube!! A first for me hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I almost finished one, but it broke on me somehow so I had to throw it out :( This one looks like it'll last me to the end though! :)

      Delete
  5. great post! I just got my hands on that foundation and I'm in loooove! I haven't pulled out my Naked basics in a while.. Thanks for reminding me that I have a great product in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I do love that Naked Basics palette! A surprising favorite of mine

      Delete
  6. Lorac Pro palette is definitely on my wishlist! I also love that Maybelline concealer, and the UD Naked Basics palette! The beauty blender and RT brushes are a must have! Great favourites Katy! :) xx

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie!

      And get that Pro Palette ASAP!!! It's ah-may-zing!

      Delete
  7. I haven't ever tried a finishing spray, but you've got me curious!! Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome finishing spray! Thank you :)

      Delete
  8. I LOVE that COVERGIRL foundation! It's my most favorite foundation ever! (: Found you from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, isn't it?!

      Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  9. Will pass this on to those who take time out for their skin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)