Friday, December 6, 2013

November 2013 Favorites!

Hey guys! I know, I know, I was away for a long while again. I'm not getting into it why I was gone, but I will admit I have a few personal family issues and it's been getting to me and making me upset and not wanting to do anything. I've missed writing normally on this little blog of mine and really want to get back into it, so I'm trying to get into a groove again. Today's post will be my favorites from November. I didn't have a good month makeup-wise, mostly because I got a stye on my eye and couldn't wear makeup for almost a week, and partially because of my horrendous work schedule. I've been wanting to get some extra shut-eye instead of waking up earlier to do my makeup. Anyways, enough rambling. Here are some products I was really into last month!

When I wear makeup, even if it's just a mattifying powder, I tend to use makeup setting spray, since my skin is so darn oily. The oiliness has calmed down a little since it's colder, but it's still there. This Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish Setting Spray has done a good job at making my makeup last throughout the day, and keeping me matte a little longer than usual. 

Since I ran out of my beloved Lancome eye makeup remover, I had this Maybelline Clean Express! Makeup Remover in my closet. I have to admit, this stuff is pretty darn awesome and it's under $5 at my Walmart. This is the version for waterproof eye makeup, so you shake it up to mix it all together then put it on a cotton round or ball and swipe away all your makeup. I don't wear waterproof eye makeup, but I like these kinds of removers better.

A co-worker of mine gave me this C.O. Bigelow No. 140 Chapped Hands Cleanser "Soap Free" after I told her about my horrendously dry hands. I always know Winter is coming when my hands get drier than the Sahara Desert and start cracking. This product has been a little miracle to my poor hands! I still do slather on the handcream since I'm OCD like that, but they don't burn, there are no cracks and overall my hands just feel better. I had to look this product up online because I had never heard of it, and it looks like it's sold at Bath & Body Works. I may have to go there and pick myself up the larger jar of this. 

My last favorite is the L'Oreal Eye Defense Eye Cream. When I ran out of my Philosophy eye gel that I raved about, I didn't know what to use next, even though I have tons of eye creams to go through! I decided on this, and I'm so in love. It hydrates my eyes enough with the cold weather we have, but doesn't make them feel overly oily either, and I do have oily eyelids. The texture is like a gel-cream so I think that's why I like it so much. 

Well those are my favorites! It sucked that I didn't have alot of time for makeup, and then I got that nasty stye. Oh well, it's a new month (and my birthday is in 2 days!), and I plan on actually using makeup more often as long as my schedule for work allows it. Seriously, retail hours are a pain in the a**. I actually can't wait for the holiday's to be over! Anyways, I'll talk to everyone in my next post, which will be empties! I used up alot of stuff, so stay tuned!

What were some of your favorites last month?

4 comments:

  1. I will have to try the finishing spray. My face always gets oily throughout the day! Your blog is cute! I'm following you now via Bright Side Beauty Blog Hop. Check mine out? Thank you!
    thebeautybugx0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great finishing spray! I think you'll like it :)

      Delete
  2. That setting spray sounds great! I'm currently using MAC Fix+ but am thinking of trying something different when I'm out of it :)

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried MAC Fix+ before, but I do here great things about it!

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)