Thursday, June 6, 2013

HAUL! Sephora & Walmart

Hey everyone! Today I'm throwing in a different post along with the blog challenge I'm taking part in. I haven't done a haul post in what feels like forever, so I'm going to be showing you my recent purchases from Sephora and Walmart!


The first thing I picked up from Sephora is the Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Cream in the color White Russian. This has been talked about from a few beauty gurus I watch on Youtube and I love the regular Buxom glosses but I can't remember if I've ever tried the creams before. Anyways, I have tried this already and it has that tingle that all the Buxom glosses have and it's not too sticky either, which is nice. It's a touch too light for my complexion so I tend to use something darker underneath this. I do love the color of it though, but I'm still experimenting to see what I like best. 


The next thing I bought is the Sephora Collection Outrageous Prisma Chrome Metallic Eyeshadow in the color Outrageous Metallic Beige. I've used this already as well and I love this color! This is perfect for if you don't really want to wear much makeup but still look put together. Just swipe this on the lid and add mascara and you're good! These shadows were marked down on the Sephora website from $16 to $7 and I was really surprised to see them in my Sephora inside JC Penny. Alot of times I don't see clearance stuff I see online, in store. Which is why I picked up another color!

 

This color is called Outrageous Metallic Taupe. I haven't tried this one yet, but the swatch I did is so beautiful. I'm not sure if I'll use this as just an all over lid color or a crease color since it's quite pigmented. I have a feeling I might like it better as an all over color, but we'll see.

 

The first swatch is of the lip gloss. My lips like to naturally change color on me and the day I used this, they were a bit darker than the color of the gloss so it washed me out a little. I took it off and used a Revlon lip butter in Sorbet first, then the gloss. It turned out beautiful! The middle swatch is of the beige eyeshadow. I know it's a bit bright, but this was the best picture I was able to get. I love this color so much that I think I'm putting it in my everyday makeup drawer set I have. The last swatch is of the taupe eyeshadow. To me, the swatch seems a little bit darker which is fine, but I wouldn't call this taupe. I do love this color though and can't wait to start playing around with it!


If you didn't read my review on the Batiste Dry Shampoo, I basically said it was my holy grail dry shampoo and it changed my life. Well, I got to thinking that there has to be something just as good, or close to it, in the drugstore. I bought this Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo at Walmart for just under $4, so I'm hoping it's good. If anyone has tried this, let me know if you like it. I honestly love Batiste, but I don't love the price tag, and with how quickly I go through the stuff, I'd like to find a less expensive alternative.


I was really excited to see the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer at Walmart! If the foundation ever comes to the states, which I think it might, I'll probably pass because it sounds like it's better for people with drier skin. As for the concealer, I hope this does what the name of it says! I have ridiculous dark circles under my eyes, so this better wake me up! I got this in the lightest color 125 Very Fair, and it seems like a good match for me. I may do a review on this once I give it a good try. Also, the price of this was great at just $4.47. Can't beat Walmart prices!

Well that's my little haul! It might not be anything fantastic, but like I said, I haven't done a haul post in a while, so I figured I'd show what I purchased recently :)

2 comments:

  1. I really need to try buxom lip products because I'm always hearing nice things about them! The color you got is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like it the more I wear it. It's great layered over the top of a tinted lip product.

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)