Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Review: Sigma P88 Precision Flat Angled Brush

Hey everyone! So when I posted my April Favorites, my first favorite was this brush, and for good reason! I'm very excited to be doing this review, now that I've had a chance to really test it out. So lets get started!


The description I got from the Sigma website says:

Unique Feature: Small, dense and flat angled head
Function: Precise contouring
Recommended Use: Use for precise application of concealer products anywhere on the face. Works particularly well around the eyes and nose
Bristle Type: Synthetic Sigmax

This brush costs $16, but you can usually find a 10% off code on a beauty guru's Youtube channel who's affiliated with Sigma. Also, it says USA on the handle, which I had assumed it was made in the USA, when really it's not. I've read that they're designed in the US, manufactured in China, then distributed by Sigma. Sigma is based in the US. It's not too big of a deal, but they shouldn't put USA on the handle when they're not made here. 


I have to say that I'm in love with this brush! I love that it's angled and that I can get into the corners of my eyes really well. It's also one of the softest brushes I own which is especially nice for use around the eyes. Once in a while if I used a little too much concealer around my eyes, I'll take a little bit around my nose and have no issues with blending. I do wash this brush with baby shampoo after every use since I don't want bacteria getting in my eyeballs or anything. I haven't noticed any shedding or bleeding of color from the bristles either. If you enlarge the picture, you can see there's a little stray bristle at the back of the brush, which I may cut off, but it doesn't bother application. 

I really do love this brush so much. I'm actually thinking of buying a backup of this just to have, but I'm not sure yet. I did buy two other Sigma brushes that I also love, and if you want a review on them, let me know. This is definitely my favorite brush out of the three I bought. 

Have any of you tried Sigma Brushes?

4 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to pick up the round precision brush! I think I would get more use out of it than this one, but they all look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very nice! I didn't get the round precision brush, but I might pick up other ones!

      Delete
  2. I really need to try some of the sigmax brushes! I have tried a few sigma brushes. My favorite is the angled contour brush (f40) and the eye shading brush (e55)

    http://eyeshadoweyeliner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the E55 also! That's a great brush as well :)

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)