Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Spring Beauty Must-Haves!

Hi everyone! It's such a beautiful day outside today and it makes me so happy that the weather is finally getting nicer and warmer. Since it's so nice out, it got me thinking about what my must-haves for Spring are. I do have a few skincare and makeup items that I love and want to share, so here they are!

Starting off with skincare, I need a good cleanser that's going to help clean my skin and not make it oily. I can already tell that my skin is getting oilier and oilier as the days go on. A cleanser that I'll be using this Spring once it stays warm outside is this Clean & Clear Morning Burst Shine Control Facial Cleanser. This cleanser will help clean my skin and leave it shine free. It's also supposed to help you with waking up, which I definitely need in the morning!

Next, it's important for me to stop using my heavier Winter moisturizer, and start using one that's oil-free and light. I can't wait to start using the Philosophy Hope in a Jar Oil-Free Moisturizer for normal to oily skin. I've heard some good things about this moisturizer, and it came in a Philosophy skincare kit, so this will be the perfect moisturizer to transition into Spring with!

Lastly, it's super important to be using more sunblock! It's always important to wear sunblock everyday, but if you don't use it everyday, get in the habit of doing so. It's one of the main things that'll help slow down aging, and I know everyone wants to have young looking, beautiful skin no matter what your age. I know I've talked about this Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock with SPF 55 before, and yes, this is still my all time favorite sunblock ever!

Now onto makeup! I've already mentioned that I don't wear the typical liquid foundation. I only use tinted moisturizers and BB creams. This Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15 will be perfect for the days I want some coverage on my skin, but don't want it to look heavy and caky. I also like this tinted moisturizer because I get the lightest shade, fair, and it's absolutely perfect for my skin! I'm so pale no matter what season it is. I never tan and I'm always slathered in sunblock if I'm going to the beach or I'm going to be out in the sun for long periods of time. I know this will continue to be my shade through Summer.

My next must-have is a makeup setting spray. I'm currently using the Urban Decay De-Slick, which is the oil control one, but if you have dry skin, there are other setting sprays meant for your skin. I just like this because it does help to control my oil longer than normal. I know I'll still get greasy throughout my day, but this helps to keep shine away for a bit longer than usual. I'll use this before I put on tinted moisturizer or BB cream, then after, before I put on powder products. I found that helps my skin out a little more. 

Next up is a lip balm with SPF. I'm currently using the On10 Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper lip balm that has SPF 15 in it. Can I just take a minute and tell you how amazing this stuff smells?! Seriously, it's like heaven. Anyways, any lip balm with SPF will do. No one wants sunburn on their lips!


Finally, I think it's fun to change up eyeshadows a bit, so having bright and fun colors to play with is always nice! I love this palette from Tarte that my mom got for me I wanna say around 3 years ago. It's the Flower Child palette, and I don't believe it's available anymore, but I love this palette! There's one matte shadow and the rest are and shimmer, you have your neutrals, which everyone needs, but then you have your pop of color that can be light and fun, or a bit more smokey for nighttime. There are a bunch of different looks you can create with this, but hey, fun and bright shadows will do! You don't need this specific palette :)

Last but not least, I figured I'd show some fun nail polishes that are nice for Spring! The first one is by Nails Inc, and the color is called Notting Hill Gate. This mini polish came in a set of Neutrals and Neons, and I absolutely love this bright neon pink color! It probably doesn't show up that well on camera, but in person it's literally bright neon pink. It's amazing. Next up is a minty color from Color Club called Blue-Ming. I received this in a Birchbox a while back and I think it's a beautiful color for Spring. My last nail polish is from Butter London and it's Primrose Hill Picnic. I think this color is gorgeous! It looks really pretty on the nails, and is still a bright pink color, but to me it has a hint of purple undertones to it, which I think softens it a bit, but still makes it stand out. I'm getting in the habit more of painting my nails and these three colors stood out the most to me for this time of year.

Those are my Spring beauty must-haves! I seriously can't wait until the weather stays this nice all the time! I love the Spring months, and this means I'm a few months closer to getting married! Eeek! So exciting!

What are your must-haves for Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)