Tuesday, April 2, 2013

March 2013 Empties!

Hi guys! I feel like I went through a ton of products this past March! I had to actually categorize the pictures I took so everything didn't look so jumbled. First I'll show my skincare empties, then haircare, and lastly a mish-mash of things!

The first skincare product I used up was the Clean Scene Craving for Clean Cleanser. I did a full review on this in the beginning of January, which you can read here if you like. Back then, I had been using it for maybe two or three weeks, so this bottle lasted me for about three and a half months, which isn't too bad. I was only using this at night, so that's probably why. I really liked this cleanser because it made my skin feel clean without feeling tight and dry afterwards.

Next, I used up another one of my amazing The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner. I know I've talked about this a zillion times, so I won't go into just how amazing this stuff is. Pick up a bottle, I promise you'll like it!

Then I used up The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum. I'm pretty sure I've talked about this in the past as well, but I mixed this in with my morning moisturizer to give my skin a bit of extra hydration. I'll probably always buy backups of this along with the Aloe Toner, unless something more awesome comes along. Those two products are pretty much Holy Grail products to me.

Lastly for skincare, I used up The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion. Pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but this is a great moisturizer that helps prevent breakouts. I mixed the Aloe Serum in with this because it is very drying in the Winter, but in the Summer, it's fine by itself. I know I always have a ton of Body Shop products and you're probably getting tired of seeing them, but I do have a ton of products to go through partly because I used to work there, so I'd always buy alot because of the discount, and I just love the products! I always stock up when there's a sale, so I do apologize if you're getting tired of hearing me talk about The Body Shop!

Next up is haircare! I have finally used up the Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Fortifying Conditioner. I can't even tell you how long I've had this, but it's definitely longer than when I moved out of my parents house, which was last July! I really loved this conditioner. It made my hair feel soft, and made it less tangle-y. I don't really think it helped with my hair being stronger as I let it grow out. I still have tons of split ends and my hair still breaks very easily. I'm not sure if it's genetics or what because I don't blow dry my hair at all and I very rarely use a flat iron on it. I might just need a good old fashioned haircut!

Next I used up The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner for dry hair. These were honestly nothing special. The shampoo gave me bad dandruff and the conditioner is probably the least moisturizing conditioner I've ever tried. It did absolutely nothing for my hair whatsoever. Trying to get a comb through my hair after using this was terrible, it would always snag, and I'd have to use extra leave-in conditioner to help get the tangles out. Not fun.

Lastly I used up the Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo Spray. I did a full review here, so I won't go into great detail about it. This dry shampoo wasn't bad at all, but it wasn't amazing either. In my review I did say that it took away the oily look I had but didn't take away the oily feel, which is why I'm still looking for a dry shampoo that does both. Shortly after posting my review of this dry shampoo, I was contacted to try out another brand's dry shampoo, so I'm super excited to try it and do a review on it. Stay tuned for it! I'll probably post it in the next few weeks!

Finally the miscellaneous products. I used up The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream, and I can't say enough good things about this! It's so creamy and hydrating, but still foams up nicely when you use a loofah or washcloth. The smell is very nice and light as well, not overpowering at all. The Body Shop's Shower Creams are pretty pricey so in the future, this will be a splurge purchase for me!

Next I used up two hand creams. The first one is Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream. I had this in my purse for ages, and finally it's gone. This isn't so special in my opinion. It took away the dryness I had, but not for very long. The bottle even says it lasts through hand washings, but for me, it didn't at all. My skin was dry and flaky again afterwards. The second hand cream is a different story. It's The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector. This is the small tube they have, there is a larger one. I honestly can't remember if I've ever talked about this before, but this is probably the most amazing hand cream I've ever tried! For some reason I don't even think I put this in a monthly favorites post. Shame on me, I'll have to do a review on this, because it truly is amazing. This lasts through hand washings, and it's amazing if you have to wash your hands alot at work. I have alot of hand creams for backups, so I won't repurchase for a while, but once my very last one is used up, this is what I'm repurchasing!

The last two things I used up are lip balms. The first one is Auquafina Flavor Splash lip balm in the raspberry flavor. This wasn't that great. It didn't moisturize my lips enough, and I went through this tube in like two weeks. The second lip balm is the e.l.f. Therapeutic Conditioning Balm in the strawberry creme scent. The product is definitely not as good as the name makes it out to be. It was like the Aquafina lip balm in my opinion. This smelled amazing though, and that's the only thing I really only liked about it.

So that's everything I used up! I really think I used up a ton of stuff and I'm sorry if this post was long! If you made it to the end, I love you :)

What all did you use up recently?

5 comments:

  1. I'm following GFC from Friend Connect Blog Hop. please return the favor and follow me back at Evoluchun's Miscellaneous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews !

    I love your blog!
    I would love for you to stop by my page too and hopefully you support me by following me! I can't wait for your next post.Thanks
    www.be-youtifull.com.

    ps: ShillCat Women's Accessories is given away an amazing jewelry. Take a look at this link:
    http://www.be-youtifull.com/2013/04/a-few-of-my-favorite-pieces-from_13.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)