Monday, April 15, 2013

Get To Know Me: The Beauty Blogger Tag!

Hi everyone! I got home from work a little bit ago and came across this tag on emilynoel83's blog and Blushing Antics! I haven't really done a tag post in a while so to pass the time before I get to bed, I figured I'd do something fun! So here are the questions!

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
It's definitely not straight, and it's definitely not curly like my fiance's hair. It's got some decent wave to it.

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I haven't dyed my hair in I don't know how long! It's probably been about a year or so. I typically do it myself, but when I was younger I used to go to a salon and get highlights. I'm thinking about dyeing my hair again sometime soon.

3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I basically wear my hair in a ponytail most days. If it's a rare day when I shower in the morning instead of at night, I may wear it down that day.

4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I've gone a few times to get my nails done, but I typically do mani's at home, if I wear nail polish at all. I hate to admit, but I honestly just pick off my toenails when they get too long. For some reason, I can't stand nail clippers. I know that's probably strange, but whatever. I definitely will get a mani/pedi before my wedding though!

5. How often do you change your nail polish? 
I try to change it every week, but with my work schedule and being lazy on days off, it's probably more like every other week. 

6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
If I go get a pedicure, I'll wear polish. Otherwise I'm just too lazy to care honestly. I'm not one of those people who has to have the perfect toenails and whatnot.

7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
I'd say about 20 minutes if I'm doing a full face of makeup. When I don't do a full face, it's probably just 10.

8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
This question can go back to question 7. If I do a full face, I do my face first. When I don't put on face makeup, I do my eyes. This is a weird question for me, since I'm weird with how I do my makeup!

9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I'm definitely a collector now! It's amazing how my collection has grown over the years. My very first job was working at The Body Shop, and that's really when my love of makeup blossomed. It's just grown and grown ever since!

10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I've honestly never worn falsies! I'm scared to try them

11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
So I pretty much answered this question on number 7! The answer is definitely no

12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
I usually don't wear makeup on my days off work, but I do sometimes. Of course if I have some family event to go to, I'll be wearing makeup, but on casual days at home, probably not.

13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Absolutely! I don't feel the need to cover my face every single day. Even when I'm working, sometimes I'll just do some eye makeup, blush and lip gloss. I've even gone to work completely barefaced! 

14. How many high-end products do you have?
Quite a few honestly. When I was younger and started noticing makeup, my mom always had bareMinerals so that brand was really my first experience with makeup. I'd use her makeup to see what it looked like, and I honestly didn't think much of it, probably because I was horrendously terrible at doing my makeup! Now that I'm 24, I've gotten way more experience and branched out to different brands. I definitely have more high-end than drugstore though.

15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
Both. Sometimes I plan it the night before if I have to open, but if I have a mid-shift or I'm closing, I'll pick out my outfit in the morning.

16. How often do you change your handbag?
This is a sad question because I'm obsessed with Coach bags and have quite a few of them. Yet, I haven't switched out my current bag in almost a year! This will probably make me switch out my handbag now.

17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
This is a hard question because I don't have a normal job! Retail hours are so strange. If I'm opening, I'll set my alarm for around 6:30 and get up around 7 or so. If I have a mid-shift, depending on when my hours are, I'll set my alarm for 8 or 9. And if I'm closing, I still set my alarm for around 9 or so. I'm so used to waking up so early though, so no matter when my alarm goes off when I have to go in later, I'm usually awake between 7:30 and 8:30. Going to bed also depends on when my schedule is. Usually I go to bed around 10 if I have to open or have a mid. If I'm closing, I go to bed around 11 or so. I'm off tomorrow, so I don't have a bedtime! I still wish I had a normal job! :(

18. How often or when do you workout?
Um, I'm a fatty and I don't like working out! That's bad, I know...

19. Left handed or right handed?
Lefty!

20. How tall are you?
About 5'6

21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I took French back in middle school, but that's the extent of it!

22. How many pets do you have?
Well, where my fiance and I live, we can't have pets. At my parent's house, I have two mini dachshunds. At my fiance's dad's house he has a german shepard/collie mix, and at his mom's house, he has two pekingese!

23. How often are you on Blogger?
I go on everyday! I don't blog everyday even though I wish I could.

24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
I do. I like reading what other people have to say about a post. I'm always checking my comments also!

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Not usually. I kinda keep a mental note in my head, but that usually doesn't work. I tend to just buy what catches my eye!

26. How did you come up with your blog name?
It's not that interesting of a story, but when I was younger I just always said I liked skin stuff. When I officially wanted to start my blog, it just went through my head to call it Skin Stuff by Katy.

27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
It's an old Canon Power Shot. It still gets the job done for what I'm doing, but I do want to upgrade it eventually!

28. How often do you clean your house?
Ha! Cleaning? What's cleaning? Just kidding. I really only clean when it starts bothering me that it's so messy.

29. What's your favorite color?
Pink!

30. Do you swear?
Honestly? Yes, alot actually. Again, that's bad, I know...

31. What are you going to do with the rest of your day?
Well since it's pretty late right now, I think I'm just going to wash my face and get to bed! 

Sheesh! That was a long, but very fun tag! I tag anyone who's interested in doing this!

1 comment:

  1. I just might have to do this one this week :) I followed you via the Bright Side Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)