Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 2013 Ipsy Bag

Hey everyone! It's that time of month again where I show you all what I received in my monthly Ipsy bag! I'm not the happiest with this months bag, but lets get into what I got!


The first thing I got were Lash Cards. Honestly, this product is useless for me. I'm not really sure why anyone would spend the money for something you don't get many uses out of and this is just really gimmicky to me. I don't have many problems putting on mascara, and if you do get mascara on your eyelids, you can use a q-tip to touch it up. It's alot cheaper that way.

Next I got the Pixi Flawless & Poreless Face Primer. I'm willing to give this primer a try since I'm still on the hunt for a good one, but I've already gotten a face primer in a previous box, and I do have other primers in my stash to use up.



Next I received the MicaBeauty Gel Eyeliner in the black color. I've never tried gel eyeliner before because I feel like it'll be awkward for me, plus I have really hooded eyelids so trying to do a winged look doesn't work out so well and I know gel eyeliner is typically good for winged looks. I might give it a try just to see how it works.

Then I got the POP Smokey Lash Kapow Mascara in the color Smoky Black. I've read some reviews on this mascara, and I keep reading that it smudges quite a bit, which isn't that appealing. I might try this with a lash primer first and see how it works. I already have so many mascara samples anyways, so I don't know when I'll give this a go.

The last product I received was a Coastal Scents quad in the golden color set. There was also a gray/black color set, which I kinda wish I got more. I don't know why, but I hate yellows with a passion. The color Sunbeam looks hideous to me, but I could maybe work with Golden Globe if I mix it with another color. I actually really like the Dark Golden Olive color because greens tend to look nice with my eyes. Dark Goldenrod is just kinda meh to be honest. It still has a yellow tone to it, but I can probably work with it.

Well that's everything! Not really impressed with this months bag. I really hope next month they include some skincare or makeup I'm actually interested in. I'm also not a fan of the actual bag the products came in. It's a major dust magnet!

If you're subscribed to Ipsy, did you like your bag?

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! Following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i received the same Coastal Scents Shadows and I felt the same way :( i am not a yellow girl. I think this bag was good though. I've received worse. :)

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've received worse too. Practically my whole Birchbox experience was horrible. So glad I cancelled that subscription!

      Delete
  3. Yeah I see why you weren't impressed hon, I mean who wears yellow eye shadow? :) I came by via the blog hop and started following you on GFC, hope you can check out my blog too.
    Angela x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow in general is just a hideous color in my opinion.

      Thanks so much for stopping by and following! Following you back :)

      Delete
  4. Hi I am a new follower to your lovely blog (via GFC) and found you through Let's Get Social Sunday. I would love it if you follow me back

    my blog: www.wilsontom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got exactly the same Ipsy bag as you. I'm pretty happy with it even though it is not super-exciting, compared to previous months. I'm excited to try the Coastal Scents shadows but probably will only use 2 out of the 4 shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the best. Waiting to see what next month's bag brings and that will help me decide whether I'm unsubscribing or not

      Delete
  6. New follower from the 'Monday Beauties' blog hop. Looking forward to reading your blog :D

    www.iknowallthewords.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)