Monday, December 17, 2012

December 2012 Ipsy/Myglam Bag

Hey everyone! Sorry my December Ipsy bag post is kinda late, but works been kicking my booty! Anyways, I received it in the mail sometime last week and I wanted to share what I got. I will say, I'm not super impressed, but I'm still happy with it.

First off, I have to say that I lost one of the items in my house that came in the bag and they're the Mai Couture Highlighter Papier. It's basically a little booklet of face highlighter sheets similar to face blotting papers. I'm not sure how much use I'll get from them only because I think I'll feel weird putting it on my face. It's like I won't have much control or something. Plus it seems like a waste. I was also going to say that I love the bag everything came in! It's so cute and I love the color of it (sorry it came out a little funky in the picture). It's just a really pretty metallic grey from what my eyes can tell.


Anyways, the first item I got other than the highlighter sheets is the NYX Loose Pearl Shadow in the color Mocha Pearl. I've never tried a loose pigment shadow before and when I opened this little bottle, boy was it messy! I'm also not sure how I'm going to use it if it's so messy, but it's a pretty color so I'll find a way. I do have other eyeshadows this color it's nothing spectacular in my opinion. 

Next I got the Mirabella Prime for Face and Eyes. I don't think I'll be using this as an eye primer because it says not to get it close to the lash line, but I'll definitely try it out as a face primer. I have a lot of primers to use up, so this may be sitting in my collection for a little while. 

The next product I got is the Be A Bombshell Lip Gloss in the color Hot Mess. Now I gotta admit, I'm not much of a bright red lip fan, at least not on me. I feel like my skin is too pale for it and it's better suited for someone with a darker complexion. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll give it a shot and maybe try to sheer it out as much as I can.

Lastly, I got an Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in the color Zero. I already have a smaller version of this pencil, and I do like it, but once I got my hands on Perversion, I can't really look at another black eyeliner. I'll definitely use Zero, but usually now if I want to wear a black eyeliner, I automatically use Perversion. 

Swatches of lip gloss, eyeliner and eyeshadow
Well that's my Ipsy bag this month. Like I said, I'm not too impressed but I'm not disappointed either. I love Urban Decay Eyeliners, I'll definitely use the lip gloss if I can sheer it out a lot, and I'll use the eyeshadow too. I don't really have a use for the highlighter papers and I already have lots of primers to use up. Hopefully next months bag is better!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Katy! I'm a new follower from Tea on Tuesdays!

    I subscribe to Luxe Box (www.loosebutton.com) beauty box. I find it's hit or miss with what you get but I've gotten quite a few full size products over the past year. They changed it a few months ago to make it a quarterly subscription. You have to wait longer but you get 8-10 samples in every box. It's definitely exciting opening it every time.

    Looking forward to following your posts!

    Holly
    www.stayrighthereblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually thinking about switching beauty boxes if my next few Ipsy bags aren't that great. I used to subscribe to Birchbox, but pretty much all of my boxes sucked, so I cancelled it.

      Thanks for following along! I'm following you back :)

      Delete
  2. Great post dear! I really would like to try the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners; they have so gorgeous shades and I've heard that they are amazing quality, as well! :))

    XO,
    http://rosychicc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing quality! I'm not the biggest eyeliner fan in the world but I definitely prefer Urban Decay

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review! I'll have to check this stuff out. Found your blog through the blog hop. I'm a new follower. Hope you'll stop by sometime!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI there!!! I came across your blog and love it:) HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you!! I have become your newest follower!!! I'm Hanna and you can find me anytime at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the bag everything came in too...but agree I wasn't totally impressed with items. Hopefully next time will be better!

    p.s. - I'm your newest follower and hope you'll follow back at ashareyes.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fave thing about the Glam/Ipsy bags is that the colors always seem to coordinate. I love LOVE the gold with the red glossy lip. I need to resubscribe to that service. I stopped when I went on a work trip a few months ago and this bag is just awesome!!

    I hope you're having a great week my dear! Firstly, THANK YOU for having the Aloha Friday Blog Hop button on your sidebar!! Thank you so much for linking up to last week's Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I'm following you.

    If you have time, we'd love to have you come and link up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already! We are hosting a great giveaway too which is a wonderful opportunity to give some extra exposure to you lovely blog. Come and link up, enter the giveaway and celebrate the coming weekend with us!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this particular bag the more I look at it. I could do without the highlighting papers though.

      Delete
  7. I always get so jealous of people who get these hehe!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only $10 a month, so think about subscribing! :)

      Delete
  8. Just found your blog and really love it.

    Not very impressed with the products for this month, but I guess it's ok for just $10.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)