Sunday, October 28, 2012

TAG! 10 Products I Would Repurchase

Hey everyone! First off, if you've been following me for a little while now, you may notice that I've changed up my background a little! This little blog is still a work in progress and will continue to grow. Just wanted to let everyone know of the new things going on! Anyways, this seems like such a fun tag so I wanted in on the action. If you don't know what this tag is, basically if all your makeup disappeared somehow, what are the first ten products you'd repurchase. I'll admit, this was kinda tough and I took into consideration if brushes disappeared too because I always need brushes to do my makeup. So lets get started!



I'll start with brushes first since I'd be lost without them. The first brush I'd want to repurchase is the Smashbox Shadow Brush. I hate to say this, but I don't think they sell this separately. I got this brush in an eyeshadow set from Sephora a couple years ago, but this is my absolute favorite brush for putting on eyeshadow. The bristles are super soft and it distributes color evenly across my lid.

The next brush is the BH Cosmetics Blending Brush. I've said in a post before how much I love this brush and I'll say it again. This is the best blending brush I've ever used! Seriously, the bristles are very soft on this as well, and it blends any shadow very well. I actually have another one of these as a back-up and if all my makeup did disappear, I'd be really sad about losing this brush! It's also very inexpensive.

The last brush I'd repurchase is The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Foundation Brush. This is actually an older brush before they reformulated the mineral line and renamed some things. The name that's actually on the brush I have says Nature's Minerals Foundation, but it's the exact same brush as the Extra Virgin Minerals. Anyways, this brush is just fantastic. I don't like liquid foundation at all so I primarily wear powder foundation. Once in a while I'll use a tinted moisturizer or B.B. cream, but powder is what I wear 95% of the time. This brush makes powder foundation look very flawless against my skin and it helps blend everything in nicely.

The next thing I'd repurchase is my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. Now I know I've talked about this palette many times. I absolutely love both Naked Palettes but this one goes better with my pale skin. The colors are cooler than the first palette and I feel like I get more use out of this one than the first. For me, the first Naked Palette is better for use in the summer and this one I can use all year round but especially in the cooler months.

Next, I'd repurchase my bareMinerals Matte Foundation in the color Fair. This foundation is a godsend for me. I had tried the original foundation but it got so cakey on my skin and made it look like I was wearing a mask. This stuff is just amazing! It's a tad bit pricey but a little bit goes a very long way and it's lasted me so long. I don't wear foundation everyday though either.

Then I'd repurchase my NARS Blush in the color orgasm. Everyone's talked and raved about this so I won't go on and on about it, but it's a nice shimmery, peachy pink color that's flattering on a variety of skin tones.


The next thing I'd repurchase is the bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara. I love this mascara so much and if this disappeared, I'd probably cry. I really love my mascara. I'm always willing to try a bunch of new ones and see how they are, and I have a ton of mascara to go through once this runs out, but I know I'll definitely be repurchasing this in the future. I've talked about this before too but it makes my lashes look defined and natural looking without looking like spider lashes. This stuff doesn't clump on me either. The only gripe I have with this (and any mascara really) is that it flakes on me by the end of the day. It doesn't bother me too much because obviously I'll have some flaking if I have makeup on for more than 8 hours, but I'm still on the hunt for one that doesn't flake on me at all. 

The next repurchase is probably an obvious one and it's the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. With my oily skin and eyelids, this is a miracle product. I can't imagine my life without this and I don't know how I managed to wear eyeshadow before I had heard of this little wonder product. This one is the old packaging, now it comes in a tube and I have a backup of the professional sized tube, which will probably last me a really, really long time.

The next product I'd repurchase is a new favorite of mine and it's the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Treatment Concealer in the color Fair. Again, this stuff is incredible! It really helps lessen the look of my dark circles and the color is perfect for me, for once. I can never get colors right and even the lightest shades are sometimes too dark, that's how pale I am! But I'm in love with this and I'm adding it to my favorites.

The last product I'd repurchase is any Philosophy Lip Shine. The Gingerbread Man is the one that's pictured because it's the one I'm currently using. I know I've said before that the Philosophy lip shines are my absolute favorite. They always smell and taste just like the name says and they last you a very long time. 

Well that's everything I'd repurchase! I just hope none of my makeup ever disappears!

Who else would cry if all their makeup disappeared?

3 comments:

  1. Following back from Meet Me on the Bright Side:) I have the first Naked Palette and love it. I probably use it daily, and I'd also repurchase the primer potion as I really like that as well. I really want to try Nars Orgasm blush, everyone raves about it. I look forward to reading along :)
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following back! You should definitely try the Nars blush. I think you'd really like it :)

      Delete
  2. thanks for the reviews and information. i really do need all the help I can get!!
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.
    have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)