Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Review: Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Carbon Mask

Today I'm going to be talking about one of my favorite masks and that is the Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Carbon Mask. Paula's Choice products are really good especially for the price. You can find her stuff on her website and there is skincare, makeup, body care and a bunch of other stuff. She also has books out called Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me in various editions. I am totally obsessed with those books because I love hearing what she has to say about different products.

As you can see, the packaging is very, very simple. I don't mind that because I've used a bunch of her other products and they are amazing, so simple, understated packaging is fine with me as long as the products work. Here's the description of this product that's on the back of the bottle, "Skin Balancing Carbon Mask absorbs excess oil and purifies the skin using a unique blend of clay and carbon (charcoal). This silky light, glycerin-rich formula with anti-inflammatory agents cools without any irritation, and rinses away easily. Your skin is left feeling incredibly soft and perfectly balanced." I agree with this 100%! My skin always feels amazingly soft after I use this and my pores are a lot smaller. I also notice that it helps shrink up any blemishes I might have too.


This is what the product looks like spread on the skin. It's a very dark gray, almost black color and it also smells to me, kinda like sulfur but that has to be the carbon I'm smelling. It's not a terrible smell though. You leave a thick layer all over your face and neck and leave on for 10-15 minutes to dry. I leave it on for 15 minutes to get the best effect. It says to rinse thoroughly with tepid to warm water, but I always take it off with a washcloth first then rinse with lukewarm water to get the rest off. This mask is made for normal to oily/combination skin so if you have dry skin, I wouldn't recommend using this. Paula's Choice has many different products depending on what your skin type is. This 4 ounce container costs $15. 95 but you can also buy a sample packet for 80 cents to test it out if you don't want to buy the full size. $15.95 is definitely a good price considering the container I'm using now has lasted me for a long while, and I try to use this at least once a week

After I rinse everything off and pat my skin dry, I follow-up with my toner, treatment, moisturizer and eye cream. When I wake up in the morning after using this mask, my skin is very greasy but I don't care because when I wash my face, my skin is soooooo soft! 

Paula's Choice products are definitely worth a try, especially because they're not too pricey, yet they're very effective. So check out the website and give them a try! I hope everyone has a nice day! 

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I've never heard of this line before but I know I love when my skin feels super soft!
    Cute blog- definitely following! I'd love if you'd check out my page and follow back if you like :)
    -Amber
    http://beautyguide101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)