Tuesday, September 11, 2012

How to Treat Your Body Skin: Body Lotions and Creams

Hey Everyone! Today I'm going to be talking about different body lotions and creams. I'm such a sucker for all kinds of different lotions. Anything that smells really good and keeps my skin moisturized is a keeper in my book. 

Now when you think about your body skin compared to your facial skin, they can be vastly different. Like with me, my facial skin is typically super oily and my body skin is usually pretty dry. It really depends on the season. Right now my body skin is getting a little bit drier than it was during the summer because the weather is finally changing some. I'm still using the moisturizers I was using in the summer because I want to use them up before switching to something richer. I'm not particularly fond of one lotion I'm using at the moment, only because it doesn't do much for my skin, it just smells really good and that's the Body Shop Milk & Honey Body Lotion. As far as I know, they don't even make this anymore but there are a ton of other body lotions they have that are amazing. I use the Milk & Honey lotion on my legs as they're not the driest part of my body at the moment, and it's an okay moisturizer, but like I said, not amazing.



The second lotion I'm using at the moment is Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion. I use this on my arms because they're always super dry, and this stuff works wonders. I have those nasty red bumps on my upper arms and this helps smooth them out and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I have about a third of the bottle left and I'll be kinda sad when this runs out because I really like it. I have to use up everything else I have though before I can buy another one of these babies!


Now for drugstore body lotions and creams, there are a ton that I like. I use a ton of creams and especially body butters in the winter because my skin can't get any drier. I mostly use the body butters from The Body Shop, but those aren't drugstore so I won't talk about them much (although the shea butter, coconut and cocoa butter ones are my favorites! :)). Okay, so one of my favorite body lotions is Olay Quench Daily Lotion. Omg, this stuff is freakin' fantastic! Every time I put it on after my shower, I practically drown myself with this stuff, it's that amazing. I shower at night, so when I wake up in the morning, my skin is so soft and hydrated, and it stays hydrated all day. I also love Aveeno body lotions and my favorite one is the Daily Moisturizing Lotion. A very simple, but very effective product. The skin on my body is rarely sensitive, but sometimes in the dead of winter, it can be and this lotion is amazing at hydrating and calming my skin. 

There are so many options for body creams and lotions. Seriously, go into a Walmart or Target or any drugstore and look at the different options. It can be pretty overwhelming, especially being a product junkie like I am! But hey, I love all my lotions and potions and makeup, and wouldn't trade it at all :)

Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)