Sunday, August 12, 2012

HAUL! Sephora & The Body Shop

For now I'm veering off the skincare and telling you guys about a recent haul I did :)

Last Thursday I went into my Sephora inside JC Penny and picked up the Lorac Pro Palette. I was torn between this palette and the new Urban Decay Smoked Palette. I looked at both at the store and decided on the Lorac one. Boy, am I glad I bought it! These colors are so beautiful and you can make easy, neutral eye looks or smoke it up a touch. There are also 8 matte shades and 8 shimmer shades, so if you want to keep it super neutral, you can do that with the matte shades, but if you want to be neutral with a little something extra, definitely use the shimmer. One look I love (and I actually wore this yesterday), is taking the LT. PINK color and putting it on half of your eyelid starting at the inner corner. Then, taking MAUVE, put it on the outer half of your eyes. Next, blend SABLE into your crease and use CREAM as a highlight on your browbone. I skipped eyeliner and put some mascara on and this look lasted me for 12 hours! No lie, even with a primer, eyeshadows tend to crease on me after about 4 to 6 hours, so 12 hours was totally unexpected. I always use an eye primer no matter what because I have such oily eyelids. Anyways, this eyeshadow just looked so beautiful and I still can't believe it lasted me basically all day.

Then, on Friday I went to The Body Shop. Oh, how I love that store! I could literally spend all day there (and spend all my money!), but I'm trying to be good and only buy things I need, with the exception of the Lorac palette. I just really, really, really wanted that. I mainly went here because I needed a backup of their Lightning Touch, which is basically a concealing highlighting pen for your face and under your eyes. I pretty much just use it under my eyes to help cover my dark circles and brighten up the area and for me, it does the job. There are a few different shades in this and I use the shade 01. This is the lightest shade and it's the most flattering for me. I remember seeing a yellow based one, and the one time I tried it, it made me look so sick, so I highly recommend testing out the different shades to see which is best. Once I got up to the counter, of course the manager was trying to sell it up and get me to buy more since there was a sale. I actually bought two of these pens and as I was checking out, I was told I was eligible for my 4 point gift (more on that at a later time), which gives me $15 worth of product, so I decided to try their new Tea Tree Pore Minimiser, which is $18 so I only had to pay a few bucks extra. This is only available to people who are Love Your Body members at The Body Shop right now, but it officially launches I believe the end of August. I haven't tried this yet, but on the front of the package it says, "Pores look smaller, skin feels purer. Smoothes, primes and instantly mattifies." So with that being said, I might try this whenever I feel like wearing a tinted moisturizer or BB cream to help control how oily I get throughout the day.

So that's my little haul for you guys! Hopefully this is helpful to anyone looking for a new palette or just someone looking up new product ideas. Like I said, I am already loving the new Lorac Pro Palette and I think this is going to be a staple product in my collection. Thank you to everyone who reads this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)