Monday, August 20, 2012

All About Eye Creams

Okay, so I'll admit, even though I'm only in my early 20s, I love eye creams. I can't get enough of them. I've been using them since I was in my late teens. I love trying all different kinds and price usually isn't that big of a deal to me when it comes to them. Although, I do have some kind of spending limit to them and I usually don't go over $50. Seriously, a good eye cream, in my opinion, is very important in a skincare routine no matter what kind of skin you have.

Now for me, since I have very oily facial skin, sometimes my under-eye area and especially my eyelids, get oily, which is usually in the summertime. This is why I prefer to use a gel based eye cream. If I feel a little drier than normal, I use a lighter cream based one. But don't get me started about my winter eye skin. That can be a challenge for me because my skin changes daily when it's colder. So, my favorite eye cream of all time is The Body Shop Vitamin C Eye Reviver. I use this in the morning to help with the lovely dark circles I get. It's a wonderful creamy gel formula that moisturizes my eye area, but doesn't make it greasier. You can go on their website and try to find it all you want but unfortunately, it got discontinued (womp, womp :(), and is now reformulated, repackaged in a roller-ball form, and called Vitamin C Eye Reviver Duo. When the new version came out, I originally thought it was just repackaged differently, but no. This one has a gel on one side and a cream on the other. I'll be honest, I don't like it at all. To me, it's nothing like the original. The original is so amazing and it breaks my heart that it got discontinued. (Luckily, I still have a decent amount left in the container I'm using now, plus a back-up!) 

Since I've been using the Vitamin C eye cream in the morning, I do use a different one at night because I like a little more moisture when I go to bed. The one I'm currently using and have been using for quite a while now is another Body Shop product. It's their Vitamin E Eye Cream. I love this stuff too. It's a little heavier than the Vitamin C, but not super heavy like Philosophy Hope in a Tube (I love this stuff too, but only in winter when I have drier skin). If you have dry skin and also a very dry eye area, the Hope in a Tube is wonderful. It's pretty thick, but it's very moisturizing and sinks in well. 

Another really good eye cream is Clinique All About Eyes. Holy cow, this stuff is amazing! It's a cream-gel formulation and when I used this, I used it only at night because it's heavier than I'm used to for daytime, but boy, when I wake up, my eye area looked so good. I will definitely repurchase this in the future but it is a little on the expensive side with 0.5 ounces costing $30, and a whole ounce costing $50, but like I said, I'd spend $50 on this in a heartbeat because I love it so much.

Drugstore eye creams aren't necessarily my favorite, but I haven't tried too many to compare them so one I came across that isn't too bad is L'Oreal Paris Eye Defense. I bought this at Walmart for around $13 and it's another gel-cream formula. For a drugstore eye cream, this really isn't bad. It's just a nice light eye cream that's not greasy and says it's made for all skin types. Sometimes I feel like I spoil myself with eye creams because your eyes are generally the first area on your face that show age, and I'm all for slowing down how old I look in the future, so I'm always going to invest in good eye creams but if you don't feel like shelling out $50 for an eye cream, keep looking at drugstores or Walmart. Another eye cream I've been hearing good things about but haven't yet tried, is Simple Soothing Eye Balm. The name sounds wonderful. I'm all about soothing my eyes after a long day at work, especially if I've worn makeup for 8+ hours. You can find Simple skincare at Walmart, Target, or any drugstore really. Their website has a spot where you can type in your zip code to see where they have a particular product. I'm actually dying to try this eye cream, but I'm trying to use up what I have before I buy more.

I know this post is probably long, but I can't stress enough about a good eye cream, and it doesn't have to be super expensive to be a good product. Drugstores and Walmart have some wonderful options if you want something less expensive, or if you're just stepping into the world of eye creams. As you get older or more into skincare, you can always expand your horizons and find products from Philosophy or Clinique. Anyways, like I said, a good eye cream is super important in any skincare routine, and I really hope this helped anyone looking for a new eye cream, or if you're new at starting a routine, a nice, simple one to try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)