Friday, October 30, 2015

Review: Lorac Mega Pro Palette 2

Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while since my last post! Having a pulmonary embolism and being on blood thinners is no joke, and the medicine I'm on makes my joints hurt and I feel exhausted all the time. Today is a good day though, and I'm going to be reviewing the Lorac Mega Pro 2 palette, which is surprisingly still available here!

Here is some info on the palette from Ulta:

Only at ULTA!

GO PRO with the LORAC Mega PRO Palette 2! Created by celebrity makeup artist Carol Shaw, this limited edition PRO artistry palette is the sequel to their original, best-selling Mega PRO Palette. Double the size of the original PRO Palette, the Mega PRO Palette 2 is loaded with 16 shimmer and 16 matte eye shadows to add to your collection of PRO shadows. Lorac's velvety-smooth shadows are infused with soothing botanicals and are ultra-pigmented to perform wet or dry so you can shade, shadow, line and define your eyes, just like a PRO!

This palette is said to be a $205 value for $59. 

First row of colors
- Porcelain (matte) 
- Custard (matte) 
- Tawny (matte) 
- Burlap (matte) 
- Melon (matte) 
- Tangerine (matte) 
- Saddle (matte) 
- Forest (matte)

Second row of colors
- Bisque (matte) 
- Lavender (matte) 
- Purple (matte) 
- Sorbet (matte) 
- Goji (matte) 
- Cabernet (matte) 
- Ash (matte) 
- Black (matte)

Third row of colors
- Sugar (shimmer) 
- Chiffon (shimmer) 
- Prosecco (shimmer) 
- Soft Plum (shimmer) 
- Cinnamon (shimmer)
- Sandstone (shimmer) 
- Gunmetal (shimmer) 
- Blue Quartz (shimmer)

Fourth row of colors
- Moonlight (shimmer) 
- Seashell (shimmer) 
- Peony (shimmer) 
- Dark Sienna (shimmer) 
- Penny (shimmer) 
- Olivine (shimmer) 
- Gold Leaf (shimmer) 
- Black Ivy (shimmer)

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with this year's Mega Pro 2 palette from Lorac. I have the one from last year as well, and the only difference I can tell between the two, minus the color selection, is the amount of each pan is smaller in this second one. The first one has 0.62 ounces of product in each pan, this one has 0.45 ounces of product in each pan. The actual sizes of the pans look identical to one another, this one probably has more shallow pans. That's kind of a bummer because I'm pretty certain that this one is the same price as last year's. The only color that is a repeat is Black, which is in the Mega Pro from last year, as well as the original Pro 1 and 2 palettes. I personally feel the color selection is great! Compared to last year's, this palette is more cool toned, which I'm definitely a fan of. Each shade is incredibly pigmented, and I only had a difficult time swatching just a few. I also feel like the Blue Quartz shade isn't as pigmented as I think it should be. 

I honestly wish I had only gotten this palette and skipped out on Urban Decay's Vice 4. I was so disappointed in that, mainly because the majority of the shades have too much glittery fallout. I haven't noticed any fallout with this palette, even with the shades being so buttery soft. 

Have you bought this palette, or no? If so/not, what do you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)